Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no start, no spark help!!

hipergsx1990turbo
10-10-2007, 10:38 PM
i had just finished an engine rebuilt and ready to start but nothing fuels ok but theres no spark it only sparks when i turn on the ignition key and the clutch pedal is engaged but when i disengaged the clutch engine cranks but no spark :confused:

TalonEclipseMixGsx
10-11-2007, 12:09 AM
i had just finished an engine rebuilt and ready to start but nothing fuels ok but theres no spark it only sparks when i turn on the ignition key and the clutch pedal isnt engaged but when i engaged the clutch engine cranks but no spark :confused:

The car should only start when the clutch is disengaged. That is, unless you disabled the clutch safety switch. Remember engaged is the clutch out, disengaged is the clutch pushed in.

So on my car, if I crank (turn the key without the clutch pushed in) I get nothing. If I push in the clutch and turn the key the engine cranks.

It sounds like you're safety switch is doing its job. You just have a problem with spark or fuel. What tests did you do determine the lack of one or the other?

hipergsx1990turbo
10-11-2007, 12:27 AM
o yeah im sorry thanks about the engaging part but yeah its engaged and it sparks once whith out cranking but when i disengaged it cranks but no spark fuel is good changed the coil packs and still the same know what

TalonEclipseMixGsx
10-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Hmm plugs and wires are the cheapest things I would start off replacing. Cam angle sensor and crank sensor will also cause the car to not turn over. You said you just finished rebuilding the engine. I'm assuming you replaced the timing belt. Hopefully it didnt jump a tooth.

hipergsx1990turbo
10-11-2007, 01:00 AM
yes new timing belt timing is ok and new spark plugs and new wires what else can i checked

soto 95 gsx
10-12-2007, 06:30 PM
i had just finished an engine rebuilt and ready to start but nothing fuels ok but theres no spark it only sparks when i turn on the ignition key and the clutch pedal is engaged but when i disengaged the clutch engine cranks but no spark :confused: crank posision sensor have you check it

defiancy
10-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Have you tried grounding out the plug wires while you turn it over to see if you indeed do have spark?

Add your comment to this topic!