Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dupont Clear

Sixx
10-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm trying Dupont clear tonight and I'm having a helluva time getting it to spray through my Aztec airbrush. I've mixed 4 parts clear to 1 part reducer and have thinned it out. It is spattering as it sprays.
Do you think I should thin it even more? I'm thinking if I thin it too much it will get runny?
take it easy
Sixx

mikemechanic
10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Sounds too thick to me. I thin my clear almost 300%.

Mike

PS wrong section of the forum.

Sixx
10-10-2007, 10:22 PM
thanks for the good advice, well taken. I'm messin' with it and it seems like the damn thing is mostly thinner.

I was so frustrated, I asked under the wrong forum
take it easy

CFarias
10-11-2007, 11:32 PM
I use the DuPont Chromaclear with my Aztek. I had to thin it down at least 10 to 1 and it still came out frosty on the model. But it polished so beautifully and with a very thin coat. If this is what you're using, stick with it only if you intend to polish afterwards, at least that's been my experience.

gulfclk
10-14-2007, 01:42 PM
To get good results with Dupont clear, you need to get an airbrush with a very large nozle. Thinning it too much is not the best solution, but let us know how it turned out!

mike@af
10-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I've mixed 4 parts clear to 1 part reducer and have thinned it out.

The reducer is the thinner. Are you using 4parts clear, 1 part reducer, and then adding a thinner on top of that?

Sixx
10-18-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah, so the reducer is the thinner? didn't know that! i think i mixed it right this time with just the reducer and it came out pretty good. thanks man
derrick

Sixx
10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
To get good results with Dupont clear, you need to get an airbrush with a very large nozle. Thinning it too much is not the best solution, but let us know how it turned out!

it actually came out pretty good, maybe i can figure out how to send a picture. lets see

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/designsbydercock/yellow/adaddy2.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!