Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Exhaust Questions (2000 Z24)

ZenithZ24
10-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey, I'm planning to get some new exhaust parts in the very near future, and I was wondering if the RKSport Single Cat-back exhaust was as good as it seems? Also, would this be able to bolt straight onto my stock catalytic converter, or would I need to do additional modifications or welding? Along the same lines, how difficult is it to get to and swap in a header on the 2.4L Twin Cam in the 2000 Z24? Thanks for any information at all you can give me, and sorry ahead of time if these were stupid questions.

JStumpalump150
10-11-2007, 07:49 AM
if you are going to get a new exhaust system i would get a high flo cat cuz a new header and cat back system is going to do next to nothing except maybe sound cooler if you have a stock cat restricting it. since the rksport system is magnaflow i would build it myself instead of buying that kit. get a magnaflow muffler with the style and tip you want(mine is a 6" round street performance muffler with 4" tip and i love it), get a thrush glasspack resonator, and high flow magnaflow cat, and some custom bent pipe from your local muffler shop. it should come out to be about the same price maybe a tad bit more but not much. as for the header its pretty easy on out 2.4l's, you just unbolt the old manifold, drop it out the bottom and slip the new header in place.

ZenithZ24
10-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Well I was planning to get a high-flow cat eventually, I was just wondering if the RKSport exhaust would be able to bolt onto my stock one as of now. If you couldn't tell, I'm too impatient to save up the money and get everything at once :grinno: And it just seemed like buying the RKsport kit would be more convinent to me than making it custom. Any Info you can give me would be helpful, thanks.

1991tercel
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
If you have your header. Buy a highflow cat a good muffler and tip and take to the exhaust shop for a full exhaust. Probably cheaper than a cat-back

JStumpalump150
10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
no i dont think it will bolt up because it does not have the flange that is needed. atleast that is what i can see, i may be wrong but it looks like it is just the pipe.
(http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/tuan/BPipe_Adapter_2.jpg)

ZenithZ24
10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Alright guys, Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to purchase it soon, and just see for myself what I can do with it. If I can't do anything with it myself, I'll save up a little more get a high-flow cat and take it to a shop to do it for me. Thanks again, and if anyone else has anymore info I'd love to have it.

Add your comment to this topic!