Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fully Modded R34 V-Spec II Vs. Fully Modded M3

InitialJRift
11-28-2002, 06:29 PM
Which One Would Win? Curious To Hear Your Opinions....

Moppie
11-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Define fully modded?

Becasue an M3 Touring car would shit all over a 1000hp Skyline drag car at a race track, while a JGTC 500 Skyline would hand even an M3 touring car its ass in a sling.

If your talking still street legal then I think it would down purly to driver ablity, and the fact at the end of the day the BMW is a BMW while the Skyline is just a Skyline.

crayzayjay
11-30-2002, 07:38 AM
I wouldnt want to mess with a fully worked-over BMW M car

crayzayjay
11-30-2002, 07:38 AM
That means i choose the M3, for all the slow ones out there :p

USA Racer
12-01-2002, 07:44 PM
M3.

FC3S
12-02-2002, 03:47 AM
In stock trim, the R34 GT-R V-Spec II will spank the BMW M3 but not so sure about the BMW M3 CSL with nearly 350bhp and lighter chassis weight. To be honest, R34 GT-R must go head-to-head with BMW M3 and R34 GT-R V-Spec II vs. BMW M3 CSL as both are uprated versions.

Fully modded? A 1000bhp R34 will not beat the fully modded M3 on track racing but drag, yes. It all depends on the R34 mods...:D

In history, the Skylines were once banned from all class N1 competition in Japan. Last year, the fire-breathing BMW 400bhp V8 M5-engined version M3 GTR touring car was also banned for putting the legendary Porsches to shame (instead they blame on BMW cheated by releasing the limited production of BMW M3 GTR road-car version).

crayzayjay
12-02-2002, 12:52 PM
i dont think an R34 would spank the M3 at all. Far from it

YogsVR4
12-02-2002, 12:57 PM
I'd go with the M3. If for no other reason then I dont like the Skyline and take small (though unfounded) pleasure watching this king of the ricer world fall in battle :D

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

Moppie
12-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by YogsVR4
If for no other reason then I dont like the Skyline and take small (though unfounded) pleasure watching this king of the ricer world fall in battle :D

:eek: We agree on something!!!! :flash: :flash:

Ill definitly have to get you that beer now. :frog:

TatII
12-03-2002, 06:56 PM
modded and modded is too broad of a term. anyways. the CSL is said to do the Nurburgring loop in 8 minutes. and i know this has been brought up many times too. but a GT-R is said to be able to do it in 7 minutes and 59 seconds. while the standard M3 is can do it in 8 minutes and 30 seconds. *which is still no slouch* you have to compare cars in this sence. M3 a heavy ass luxery cruise that can really handle and go really fast straightline wise. the GT-R a fully race converted family coupe. overal though, a M3 is a M3 and GT-R is a GT-R. the GT-R was designed to run fast with almost no compromises. the M3 has to also appeal to the rich who looks for more of a car then just a race car like a GT-R. in other words. a GT-R will beat a standard M3 in aceleration, cornering, and braking and yes even at a road racing. however if you get the purist of all the M3's which is the CSL then its more of a even match.

FC3S
12-04-2002, 01:50 AM
TatII....i agree

I like the M3 more than R34 but u ppl really have to look carefully and there is no debate here

R34 - 280bhp(340bhp 0.9bar) twin turbos/4WD/ATTESA-ETS Pro/Super HICAS

M3 - 333bhp normal aspirated/RWD/DSC/ASC+T/

As for track, M3 weight far more than R34 which in turn accelerate slower out of slow corners and for sprint, hands up for R34 4WD + ATTESA ETS Pro and hands down for M3 RWD/ASC+T

TatII
12-04-2002, 08:39 AM
hahah its funny how soo many people actually beleive in how little hp the GT-R actually has. please don't beleive the manufacturers specs. Nissan is only doin that to get by the japanese gentlemen agreement. in actualaity if you look at the dynos for the R34 they put down over 300hp at the wheels. *gasp* how is that possible? hahah think about it how can a 3400lb car do 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and has repeatibly hit the 1/4 mile in 12.7-12.9 seconds at over 110mph?

TatII
12-04-2002, 08:40 AM
hahah its funny how soo many people actually beleive in how little hp the GT-R actually has. please don't beleive the manufacturers specs. Nissan is only doin that to get by the japanese gentlemen agreement. in actualaity if you look at the dynos for stock R34's they put down over 300hp at the wheels. *gasp* how is that possible? hahah think about it how can a 3400lb car do 0-60 in under 5 seconds, and has repeatibly hit the 1/4 mile in 12.7-12.9 seconds at over 110mph?

YogsVR4
12-04-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Moppie

:eek: We agree on something!!!! :flash: :flash:

Ill definitly have to get you that beer now. :frog:

Stranger things have happend. :D I'm sure that if we're ever in the same pub, the beer will be flowing :D

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

crayzayjay
12-05-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by TatII
the standard M3 is can do it in 8 minutes and 30 seconds. *which is still no slouch*

take 15-20 seconds off that time and you're nearer the actual figure. The GTR may win a race, but when it comes to the actual driving the M3 is far superior. A clown can drive the GTR fast, its too forgiving to be a real drivers car. not like a certain BMW...

TatII
12-06-2002, 08:54 AM
the M3 can do the nurburing in 8 minutes and 15 seconds? i must say thats really pretty fucking good. you are right about the m3 being more of a drivers car though. but remember the m3 also has its fair share of computer controlled assistance that can make most drivers look good as well. however theres not as much found compared to a gt-r.

RazorGTR
12-07-2002, 06:31 AM
A mate of mine who works for one of our customers has an M3. While I have never been a beemer fan it goes quite I will give it that. Style and luxury ya well it is a beemer, while the Skyline GTR has always been a pure bread sports car. Where am I going with this?

Well we have had the same discussion time and time again and we finally settled it.

From a dead stop we took off and ran for 20 secs flat out. I had no less than 6 car lengths on him.

From a rolling start of 60kmh for 10 sec (37 mph for you fella's in the states), and again I pulled out on him though it was closer as I only gained 4 1/2 car lengths on him though it was extending.

Mods to the cars

BMW
Custom Exhaust
custom cold air box
Timing and tuning done( what ever that is)

Mine is in my signature

I have not had the pleasure of lining up an M5, because frankly the few I have seen the owners are not willing to thrash their car.

About the most you will see out of an M3 would be around the 550hp mark. While an average tuned and work R32, R33, or R34 GTR will pump more than that for a heck of a lot less money and will not sacrifice turning handling or straight line speed.
I honestly have no idea where half of you get your facts from but maybe doing a bit of research would help.

Moppie your a stirrer mate. We have met and you have sat in my car. Any time you wish to have a go with your civic I will give you a head start :) Say for title. That sound good :P Seriously don't underesitmate what you have never owned, driving, or even seen. I was once a V8 gear head from hell, and yes I was born in the states and lived there 32 years so I am quite familar with V8's, 3000GT VR4's as they are called there(GTO here), Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Vipers etc. I have extremely impressed with this car and the drive train. How well it responds to minor modifications.

Oh Tat btw the 4wd system on the R32 is computer controlled. It works off of two G-force sensors, 4 gears attatched to each axle, and also the throttle position sensor. While the R32 sampling rate is only 100 times per second the R34 is 1,000 times per second. Not to mention the R32 89-91 had the early version and was updated in the 92-94 model ranges. The responce times are quicker. I know I have a 92 and quite a few mates here have 89-91's. Another quick fact is in 92 Nissan altered the viscus clutch assemblies for the front wheel drive and went to cogs. the viscus Diffs were also changed to gear sets in late 92. That also translates to better limited slip reaction.

the factory motor which is 2.6 liters is also good for 600hp if tuned properly but you wind up with rod bolt stretching. Head gasket issues if the boost levels increase. The factory gearbox is good for about 550hp before they rapidly break down.

In standard trim the GTR will go alright, but nothing spetacular as a matter of fact until you change the factory weak turbos the power is boring! It just pulls with no explosive power, well not compared to a single turbo set up.

As far as interior the seats are designed after racing seats you guys buy and put in your cars. You sit in them not on them. There is full latteral support for your entire body including your head. The dash layout in the R32 is way outdated compared to new productions cars but your also talking about a car that is around the 10 year old mark or over. The R34 has a digial dash and improved layout.

I don't know of many cars made in 89-94 that can keep up with the R32 GTR, of course that would be cars of simular engine capacity. We are not talking a Viper and such. The GTR set record after record. Not many single make car PRODUCTION can claim that.

Moppie
12-08-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Razorgtst

Moppie your a stirrer mate. :D someone has to keep the super car owners on thier toes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Razorgtst
[B]I don't know of many cars made in 89-94 that can keep up with the R32 GTR, of course that would be cars of simular engine capacity.

Well everytime the GTR sets a record at the Nurburing ring Caterham go down the next month and go faster with a Super 7. I think thier finnnaly up to useing a 2.0L 4cyl N/A engine. :p
And of course an Esprit V8 with its 3.0L twin turbo engine would leave even your GTR behind in a straight line. Sub 4sec 0-100 is damn fast.
And a 350sport would leave it behind on the corners as well
But of course with a price tag of NZ$100,000 for a used SE in similar condition to your GTR its just a bit more expensive, and a lot less practicle. I know what car I would rather take on the comute to work.

Of course the GTR is an impressive car (yours even more so *drool after sitting in it*), and certianly the fastest production car to come out of japan (if you exlude the road legal Le Mans specials etc) and in terms of performance will leave any M spec BMW behind.
But when it comes to style, design, fit and finnish and enginering it is like most Japanese cars and gets left well and truely behind by the Europeans.
Just like my Civic is a lot faster than any of the new hot hatchs comeing out of Europe (even the new Mini cooper) and its certianly faster than anything from its day in the early 90s, when you sit it next to something like a VR6 golf, or for that matter any of the Golf models you soon realise that it lacks a level of enginering and design that the Japanese have yet to find a way of emulating. Lexus keeps getting closer, and Nissan nearly had it with cars like the 240z of the late 60s early 70s.
But as yet they are still behind the proverbial 8 ball.

Its this that makes the M3 a better car IMO than any Skyline ever made, even if they are faster, there is more to a car than how fast it can get down the 1/4 and then run laps of the Ring.
And just remember that BMW are making well over 330hp with out a Turbo. :D

crayzayjay
12-08-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by TatII
the M3 can do the nurburing in 8 minutes and 15 seconds? i must say thats really pretty fucking good. you are right about the m3 being more of a drivers car though. but remember the m3 also has its fair share of computer controlled assistance that can make most drivers look good as well. however theres not as much found compared to a gt-r.

Nice post.

You can turn off the traction control on the M3. Does the Skyline offer this? :confused:

TatII
12-09-2002, 10:01 AM
well moppie the M3 makes more power without the turbo because it runs on a bigger engine. whats the size of a M3 I6? 3.2 or 3.4 liters? thats a good deal bigger then a small 2.6 liter which is pretty much as small as I6's comes. and for engineering and design. i give it that. the europeans have the most awesome dashboards. the japanese doesn't come close. the most awesomes dash that i have seen today on a japanese car would be the Supra's Mark IV which is by far the most driver involved dash bar non.

RazorGTR
12-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Crazayjay the only skyline with traction control is the R34 GTT which is a 2.5 litre turbo RWD. It is also rated at 280 factory and their power level on a dyno factory standar is very close to the R32 GTR.

Mopie good point about the Lotus forgot about them, but as you mentioned price is a major issue.

I agree about the styling and refinements of the BMW. John's is awesome to cruise in. The ride is firm but not overlly firm, but given he paid a shit load more for that M3 than I have total in my car again price for price.
He is more into riding in style where I am in to fire breathing performance and this time next year the old girl will be pushing some major HP. I suppose 600-650 hp for a daily driven car should keep my occupied for a while, not. hahaha.

One of these days we will have to catch up again mate. The next time SDU has a drag day at meremere you should come on down. Oh wait the Silvia club is having one Jan 5th. So get in ya bomb and head on down. I will be taking the old girl down and see what the new tuning will produce. I am sure I should be able to talk big phil into letting me give you a blat legally down the strip. Hoping to run a flat 12 at 14psi of boost, though I should have the boost controller in by then "maybe". If so will wind it up to 16.5 psi for a signle run which should put me into the 11's.

Moppie
12-09-2002, 02:46 PM

One of these days we will have to catch up again mate. The next time SDU has a drag day at meremere you should come on down. Oh wait the Silvia club is having one Jan 5th.

Might not be a bad idea, I have been to plenty of circut events, but have yet to make it to a drag race. Not enough westie in me I think. :)
We can see if the GTS-t skylines really are as fast as they claim.

RazorGTR
12-10-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Moppie

Might not be a bad idea, I have been to plenty of circut events, but have yet to make it to a drag race. Not enough westie in me I think. :)
We can see if the GTS-t skylines really are as fast as they claim.
There are some quick one's but most are in the mid 14's and some are in the high 13's. From what I have seen it is more driver and track than out right performance.

that would be great! Hey i am not a westie only live out there lol.

crayzayjay
12-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Crazayjay the only skyline with traction control is the R34 GTT which is a 2.5 litre turbo RWD. It is also rated at 280 factory and their power level on a dyno factory standar is very close to the R32 GTR.

Dont Skylines control throttle and apply braking to individual wheels when the driver is about to have a "moment"? I always thought this was the case

Add your comment to this topic!