91 Probe GL 2.2 Idle Crazy Problems

Asmasher
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
My probe is driving me nuts! I mean I love it to death but this idle kills me. It had a complete tune- up recently but still does it. Sometimes it idles really really low and almost shuts off. Mechaninc turned the idle up but it still does it. Then sometime when i put it in park the idle goes wild! It goes up reall high and starts reving up and down and I am not even doing anything! Please help

mratzlaff
11-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I had the same problem on my '90 Probe GL 2.2L non-turbo - an erratic idle speed. It could be caused by air getting past the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor and going directly into the fuel injection. Mine had a very hard to see tear in one of the ribs of the big black hose that connects the Air Filter box with the Fuel Injection body. I did a temporary fix with Duct Tape before I splurged and bought the correct replacement part from the local wrecking yard. The car runs great now!

trackrat
11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
I had the same problem also. It would jump all over the place then die out. I replaced the distributer and took care of the problem.......

Hope this helps.

Track.

Add your comment to this topic!