Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

93 3.3 achieva s hesitates when press pedal

autonut112
10-06-2007, 08:55 PM
i have a 93 achieva s with a 3.3 v6 and when i try to accelerate it hesitates, if i pulse the gas pedal it will accelerate but up to like 3500 rpm's and wont rev any higher though if i let off and like i said pulse the pedal like there is a sweet spot it will accelerate and runs like a raped ape but as soon as i press it further or let off it starts sputtering???? i have changed the TPS, checked for the converted to be clogged but it aint so i checked for codes it gave me 26,27,28. and they are the Quad Driver Circuit(code26) Quad Driver One(code27), and the Quad Driver2(code28). the chiltons book sais nothing on this component other than lists them under OBD1 codes for the car so... any one who has had the same problem and fixed it please respond if not i dont want to read B.S. postings from know it alls. The only thing i can think of is to just test all the electronics, sensors, and circuits but any true knowlege of the problem will be appreciated.

autonut112
10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
ha ha ha, i have the secret to the ever present problem i, as well as many others have had with these cars as well as other gm auto's with the same engine, for all the dumb a$$'es that replied to the other posts about this problem " check the EGR valve" well first of all the valve on these cars is an electronic valve and has nothing to do with the problem! if interested on the guarenteed fix email me at cmdjeep@comcast.net and ill disclose it to the gratefull ones that deserve help unlike anyone could do for me...

Add your comment to this topic!