Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Misfire in cylinder #5

SlackerOfSociety
10-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I have a 97 concorde LX w/ 3.5 engine. My check engine light came on a few days ago, took it to auto zone to get scanned. When i started it up to go to auto zone the check engine light was not on anymore, but I still took it in. They said it would be saved so they could still scan it. Code was misfire in cylinder 5. The guy told me i was only running on 5 cylinders, that cant be good... He told me I need either a new spark plug and/or a new wire for cylinder #5. Any way, since my check engine light dont come on any more, does that mean all the cylinders are working now? If I do need to put a new plug or wire in, how hard is the job and which one is cylinder 5? I dont have a owners manual yet. I looked at the engine to see where the spark plugs are, and they look like they are covered by two pieces of the engine....... Any advice or ideas? Thanks.

dcx96
10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Thats An Easy Job, I'd Change All The Plugs And Wires Reguardless Of Good Or Not And Should Take 1hr.

wafrederick
11-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Could be intake gaskets too,very known for blowing out and will cause a miss.For plugs,stay away from Bosch and stick with Champions.Chrysler products run like crap with Bosch plugs and Bosch products are junk.Stay away from plugwires from AutoZone,they sell the cheapest garbage out there and I have seen it.My father replaces lot of plugwires from AutoZone to top of the line CarQuest plugwires and I have seen him do this because of a miss or runs like crap.

Add your comment to this topic!