Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Driver Side Seat Broke! Parts available???

dube5878
10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
I have a 2003 Trailblazer 4x4, today I was parked and leaning for my cell phone that fell in the passenger side floor. As I reached for the phone the front right piece holding the seat up in the front broke. I have the electric seats, no heat, no memory, just looks like this piece was too small to be holding up the front of the seat. Anyone know if I can get this piece easily and install myself? Or am I screwed & confined to go to the dealership:runaround:

gmpartsman
10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
"screwed" is not the word, my friend. My drivers seat in my 02 TB did the same thing. It just so happened I was working in the parts dept of a GM dealership at the time, so I thought "this should be easy......." WRONG. The only way to repar this is to but the whole seat adjuster assembly.....between 450 and 600 bucks, depending on how much the parts dept likes you. And then, you have to refasten your seat to this thing. An upholsterer told me would "only" charge me 180 bucks for that. I have looked at welding it or using an epoxy, but the way it is broken, I just don't think it will work. So, I just adjusted the front of my seat all the way down and learned to live with it. I'm hoping to find a wrecked TB sometime down the road in a junkyard with a reasonably priced seat. Problem is, the junkyard guys know what these things are worth.....

dube5878
10-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Well that sucks. I still may try to weld it, I'll let you know if I do, it all depends on if I can get that stuff off.

Add your comment to this topic!