Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Accord Side mirrors

stayfq
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey all,

I wanted to adjust my mirrors to eliminate the blind spot. This involves making it so there is no overlap in your side and rear view mirrors. I've found that with my 96 accord's manual adjustment mirrors, I have almost no adjustability. The adjustment from the inside only moves the mirror down and out or up and in, and in almost useless style. There is so much overlap in the mirrors, side and rear, that it's ridiculous.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there another way to adjust them, or something I need to do?

If you don't know the adjustment method I'm talking about, go to a search engine and search "eliminate blind spot" or "car mirror adjustment," it'll come up.

jeffcoslacker
10-03-2007, 07:23 AM
The mirror should move around in any direction if you move the control in a circle. The way you describe sounds like one axis of movement is frozen.

Try gently pushing the mirror the direction you want it to go while working the control in that direction. You don't want to break the glass or stretch the cable, but sometimes you can help them a bit and get them freed up...

Add your comment to this topic!