Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

For us slow car drivers...

silentscreams85
10-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I dont know if it's just me, but one of my biggest peeves is getting picked on by a faster car. Not only that, after denying interest in running, they seem to try harder to get your attention or show off. Its like the equivalent your driving a C6 Vette and you go picking on a Corolla or something similar. What a waste of gas. Why dont you go pick a fight with a SVT Cobra or a Viper? Or something that has a remote chance of putting up a fight. This thread is for both the slow and fast car guys and everyone in between. Im not trying to pick a fight or point fingers cuz i know not everyone does this.

Im driving home from class this morning and this black Jeep Grand Cherokee Srt-8 trim has been trying to get me to race for like 10 minutes or so. Hell pace me and take off, slow down and do it again. I politely declined numerous times. Do you not understand me shaking my head? Is that too complicated? You don't need a PH.D in sign language to understand what a head shake is (left to right to be specific). Why are you wasting your time on a car with half the cylinders and less than 1/2 the horsepower you are pushing. (I think they are rated at like ~400hp or so) I wasn't even driving aggressively to catch their attention. Because i denied their proposal to run, i was treated to the bird from the driver and passenger and called a few names that i wont even bother to write here. I dont know it it just me, does that really bother anyone that much? Or am i alone on this? :screwy:

turtlecrxsi
10-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Sorry to hear that. For the record, not all Jeep drivers are like that... because, honestly, not all Jeeps are SRT-8s... :lol:

I get what you're saying though. Around here in western SC most men drive big ass trucks and many women drive sporty coupe cars (just the way it seems to be for some reason). So if some redneck in a big duelly duramax super-duty diesel torque monster sees some guy in a GSR or a tC it's game time. :screwy: :banghead:

Hell, I get picked on by the bigger trucks cuz I'm in a I-6 Jeep... it's like being in a v-6 mustang rather than a v-8 mustang... :lol:

GForce957
10-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I always enjoy racing faster cars no matter what im driving, its just a chance to see 'em perform. Although if the person (you in this case) shakes their head, then the other driver shouldn't keep trying to do it

VR43000GT
10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I think the SRT-8 Jeeps have the 426 Hemi which I believe is underrated at 425hp. I don't have that problem very often. There have been times where I turned down a race just for the fact I just did not feel like it but some kid would keep trying which was kind of annoying.

sickcallawayc12
10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah there are a lot of jackasses on the roads nowadays.

Gotian
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
You could always do what I do, tell them okay lets go, but follow me. I Lead them to a heavily infested cop area and tell them, on the light we go. Light goes green, I leave it in neutral and they take off and a cop catches them.

silentscreams85
10-02-2007, 06:23 PM
You could always do what I do, tell them okay lets go, but follow me. I Lead them to a heavily infested cop area and tell them, on the light we go. Light goes green, I leave it in neutral and they take off and a cop catches them.

To be honest here in socal its diffcult to find a place that isn't cop infested, they have been cutting down on street racing more than ever.

TatII
10-02-2007, 07:49 PM
hahah this can easily go the other way. how many times have we seen slow ass cars trying to race a faster one?

Musashi3000GT
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah well Ive picked on slower cars before but it depends bro. Its not like I go around looking to pile drive someones face to the ground (figuratively speaking) cause they drive a slower car. Its just well sometimes they are so anoying and they keep looking over and pointing and laughing and they blast their stupid ass regeaton music and rev thier shit at you and your like WTF? dude I will murder your little piece of shit deawoo, why they fuck are you trying to look cool when my rims are worth more then your car?

I dont know bro I drive a fucking tercel when ever my GTO is out for repairs. I dont fuck around with any other cars. I get people in POS slow cars calling me names and making fun of me and the fact that my car is faster dosent bother them. They know they cant beat me but they still press on. Ive had guys in minivans make fun of me cause my car has 17 inch rims instead of 19.
"19 inchers would slow me down bro"
"yeah well they would make you look alot better, isnt that the point of a car?"
NO! it isnt! cars are for driving and driving fast > then driving slow!

Ive had a guy in a versa.....A FUCKING VERSA! make fun of me cause of my gas consumption.
A guy in a 2.5 maxima made fun of my car cause its too loud "it sounds like an old broken car".

I bought a fast car for a reason. I did my time at the bottom of the food chain, I payed my dues and got stomped on pleanty. Now I do the stomping.

So yeah as long as idiots have a warped view on what a car is supposed to be and do I will continue to pile drive their face into the ground (figuratively speaking) cause I can.

silentscreams85
10-03-2007, 12:58 AM
well said. i wouldn't include myself in the category of drivers you mentioned. i know my place on the automotive food chain. just gets on my nerves a bit..err alot

CassiesMan
10-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Ive had a guy in a versa.....A FUCKING VERSA! make fun of me cause of my gas consumption.
A guy in a 2.5 maxima made fun of my car cause its too loud "it sounds like an old broken car".

I would have made fun of them for their inverted ugly ass face.

"But they didn't have an inverted ugly ass face."

They would have after I jacked thier shit with a nice right hook...

Chiquae07
10-03-2007, 11:17 AM
lol. it seems that my car seems to look faster or sound faster than it really is. no matter who i want to race, no one will race me. i mean, im not covered out in wings and decals, just a clean look, with a deep sounding exhaust.

when i first got my car, i was picked on by a turbo charged gt stang. it was fun to just see him launch and be 20 feet ahead of me before i hit 15 mph, but this thing was sick. never actually challenged him though.

people ask me why i stayed at 16's instead of going to 18's or so. what mush man said was my exact answer. people just dont get it.

maybe to make the people around me happy, i'll get from 27's and put them on the sentra. get the supention raised, and get the loudest subs i can get. then and only then will i be 'cool'

TatII
10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah well Ive picked on slower cars before but it depends bro. Its not like I go around looking to pile drive someones face to the ground (figuratively speaking) cause they drive a slower car. Its just well sometimes they are so anoying and they keep looking over and pointing and laughing and they blast their stupid ass regeaton music and rev thier shit at you and your like WTF? dude I will murder your little piece of shit deawoo, why they fuck are you trying to look cool when my rims are worth more then your car?

I dont know bro I drive a fucking tercel when ever my GTO is out for repairs. I dont fuck around with any other cars. I get people in POS slow cars calling me names and making fun of me and the fact that my car is faster dosent bother them. They know they cant beat me but they still press on. Ive had guys in minivans make fun of me cause my car has 17 inch rims instead of 19.
"19 inchers would slow me down bro"
"yeah well they would make you look alot better, isnt that the point of a car?"
NO! it isnt! cars are for driving and driving fast > then driving slow!

I bought a fast car for a reason. I did my time at the bottom of the food chain, I payed my dues and got stomped on pleanty. Now I do the stomping.

So yeah as long as idiots have a warped view on what a car is supposed to be and do I will continue to pile drive their face into the ground (figuratively speaking) cause I can.

hahah that is actually a awesome reply.

Musashi3000GT
10-03-2007, 11:28 PM
^ Thanks man, Sometimes I get a god post in.....not often though.

silentscreams85
10-03-2007, 11:57 PM
hahah that is actually a awesome reply.

I second that! :sunglasse

alphalanos
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
People just do ricer fly bys on me. I havent been challenge for a race in like 2 years. My car looks like it should be fast but isnt yet. Maybe theyre scared.

Mr. Luos
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
I saw 'slow cars' and figured this thread was for me.

silentscreams85
10-05-2007, 11:08 PM
I saw 'slow cars' and figured this thread was for me.

Yes Mr Luos this thread was written especially for you :grinyes:

Mr. Luos
10-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Sweet. :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!