Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help!!!!!!mazda 626

truesamanaru
10-01-2007, 09:33 PM
i have a 98 mazda 626 and every time i accelrate i hear a loud banging/rattling coming from the front passenger side maybe cv axle anyways thanks

mskkride
10-13-2007, 11:37 AM
You didn't say what year your 626 is. I have a 2001 and I too have a wierd sound coming from the driver's side when I decelerate. It's like a bang/clunk sound under the floor right under my feet. I have about 110k miles. Anyone have any clues?

ude_loose
10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
he said it was a 1998.....

mazdaman626
11-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I have the same problem with my 99 mazda 626 I am about 99% sure its a bad CV Joint(s)because the car has lots of power is fine when your on the gas and going straight, but when i turn it starts chattering / popping noise in the front. It also lunges and has too much play between giving it gas and letting off. Very common with front wheel drive older vehichles that still have power left in them.

These mazdas are also known for rear main engine seals leaking oil and catalyst convertors plugging up and tripping the engine light, and the air compressor clutch sticking and makes car idle rough whenever the heat or air conditioning is on.

hope this helps you out.

dreager
12-09-2007, 04:17 AM
I have the same problem with my 99 mazda 626 I am about 99% sure its a bad CV Joint(s)because the car has lots of power is fine when your on the gas and going straight, but when i turn it starts chattering / popping noise in the front. It also lunges and has too much play between giving it gas and letting off. Very common with front wheel drive older vehichles that still have power left in them.

These mazdas are also known for rear main engine seals leaking oil and catalyst convertors plugging up and tripping the engine light, and the air compressor clutch sticking and makes car idle rough whenever the heat or air conditioning is on.

hope this helps you out.

A CV joint makes a clickity sound. This sounds like a worn out/kaput sway bar bushing. (happened on an Accord I had) When you turn the bar rattles against the strut tower, and for some reason the right wears faster. Replace both.

Add your comment to this topic!