Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Head Lamps Always On?!

mekalue89
09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey.. I am test driving a firebird for the weekend, its a 94 with the pop up head lamps. But soon as i start the car, they are always on. Would the night time running sensor be covered possibly? or ruined? thats all that i can think of, im not sure what it is, but it looks so much better with the lamps down and i wanna know how to do it

goldz28
09-30-2007, 10:35 AM
There should be a fuse for it, you can take the fuse out but you will have to manually turn them on.

ikeyballz
09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
for the sensor, if you cross the two wires that hook up to the sensor, it will read 'bright' so it wont turn on, unless you manually turn them on..

to acess the sensor you need skinny hands the the front face plate w. the AC and the radio has to come off..

izzydjinn
10-04-2007, 10:52 AM
are you guys sure that it has a "sensor", because ive changed my headlights from the pop up to the flushed to the pop up lights again, and ive never encountered anything like that. If the lids are open(car on or off) and the lights on(car on only) then it sound like the owner of the car has the motors disconnected and the lights direct. maybe the motors went out.

Add your comment to this topic!