Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Chevy G20 Van Fuel Problem - ECMB Fuse

UnderMyWheels
09-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi guys,

My sons G20 van is not getting fuel at the TB. The fuel pump runs for about 10 seconds after the key is turned. Too long right? I thought the pump was not supplying enough pressure. So I changed the pump and filter. Wrong! Same problem. I then took a look at the fuses. Both 10 amp fuses ECM1 and ECMB were blown. The ECMB fuse blows immediately when replaced. I replaced the fuel pump relay. Same problem. I looked at all the wires for shorts. One wire leading to one of the injectors was flattened a bit by the adopter ring(or shroud) resting on top of it. Insulation was not pierced though. It looked like it was at first but it was only dirt. That was my only hope. The van has an alarm system that doesn't work anymore. Under the hood, was the siren mounted on a little black box. The box was busted up. There were actually a set of contact points just hanging there. I removed the unit. Could the alarm system have anything to do with the ECMB fuse blowing? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Add your comment to this topic!