window tint ticket

kmhonda
09-27-2007, 09:22 PM
i got a ticket for my two front windows being too dark. i was wondering do i have to remove it and go to court and show them. or could i just pay the amount of he ticket and dont show up. i live in l.a california. tops of that i barely got the tint not even a month ago.

wiseguy01
09-28-2007, 12:50 AM
in the state of california tint on front windows of a car is illegal and carries a hefty fine if not fixed.. if fixed it will cost 10.00$ and all u have to do is take it off and go to your nearest police department and have them write it off then go to the court listed on the ticket and show them the write off and pay 10.00$ i know it costs more if you go the other way trust me i live in cali too and cops do not like it

crxlvr
10-13-2007, 08:41 AM
may wanna check on that first, as some cops dont write "fix-it" tickets. call the precint and speak to the officer who gave the ticket and see if you can do that before ripping your tints off

wiseguy01
10-13-2007, 11:39 PM
he lives in L.A. im pretty sure they have a big enough problem with tint as it is what with all the drive-by-shootings and gangs and such so yeah cops will be looking for tint. or on other ocasions they are just bored and want to do something

Add your comment to this topic!