Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removing trim/2004 F150 Lariat

3-M1L3
09-27-2007, 03:20 PM
I have read in some different threads about how to remove the trim around the radio in a 2004 F150 Supercrew Lariat with Auto transmission(I have seen that the trim is different in a manual.) But let me ask about the specifics of doing this. I have read and been told that I open the cup holder (under the trim), reach a finger up and under the trim on both sides and pull. First, is this the way it's done? If so how hard should I tug on it. I have pulled and was pretty nervous at the amount of tension I was applying to the trim. Do I need to pull directly outwards or at an upward angle?
All I am trying to do is install a Sirius FM adapter in-line with the antanna wire. I was hoping when I got the adapter that it would just plug in-line with the splice that is directly behind the glove box...but the ends are wrong. A local stereo installer told me that the antenna ends are different at the radio. So, I guess another question could be 'Can this be installed without removing the trim?' and/or 'Do they make an antenna adapter for the splice behind the glove box?'

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7566/04f1508dh5.jpg

3-M1L3
10-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Still looking for a reply.

3-M1L3
11-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Still looking for a reply...please

3-M1L3
03-02-2008, 01:47 PM
*bump*

silveradofirerescu
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
The trim takes some "convincing" to remove. It will flex quite a bit before it breaks. IIRC a problem I had was the clips that held it on would come off and I would have to re-install them. I do not believe there is a way to get to the back of the radio without removing the trim. Crutchfield or ebay are great places to find odd adapters for the connection behind the glovebox though. Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!