Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Opinions needed for Enzo Paint Scheme

theOmni
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Hello everyone. I've had a Revell 1:24 Enzo sitting in my cabinet for almost a year. As soon as winter break comes and I am done with classes, I'd like to start on it and finish it within that month. So right now, I'm planning on how to put everything, and how to paint it, but I would like some opinions.

I was thinking about painting it red, however a red Enzo is too ubiquitous. I'd like to do a paint job of a different color, however just sticking to one color won't be good enough for me. I was thinking of puting flames on the car similar to this (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90554) thread. I'd like some opinions on a paint scheme.

Should I have a:
Black body with silver flames (this is the one I want to go with)
Black body with red flames
Black body with lime-green flames
Blue body with silver flames

wouter1981
09-27-2007, 12:02 PM
if you want a black enzo with silver flames.. well make a black enzo with silver flames.. don't listen to us ;-)

stevenoble
09-27-2007, 12:15 PM
My personal taste would be not to have flames on an Enzo it would cheapen it and make it look like some custom hot rod thing (no offence to the custom hot rod boys) an Enzo is pure and should be left that way and painted in a factory Ferrari colour as per the real thing.However this is just my feelings on the matter,if you would like to have flames on the car then that's fine.It's your model so you can paint it your way.If I was to chose a scheme from one of your choices above I think black body/silver flames would be the one I'd go with.

agamo
09-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Flames on an Enzo?!
Noo please!

Just kidding...
But, no please...

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-27-2007, 01:40 PM
You lost me when the words "flames" were written :lol:

Twowheelsrule
09-27-2007, 02:12 PM
I do agree that the Ferrari can get a little plane. I suggest that if you think that you can make the flames look nice give it a try. It might be the one thing that could make your model look killer compared to someone else.

In my case, I don't think that I could make flames look right on the shape of the Enzo. I would have a easier time on a Toyota supera or honda accord.

Mark

drunken monkey
09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
i want it half purple and half yellow down the middle, then polka dots done in green on the purple side and magenta on the yellow.
blue wheels on the left, red on the right.
zebra stripes on the roof panel in orange and pink.

thanks.

theOmni
09-27-2007, 09:22 PM
lol

That's what I think about the Enzo, that it should be plain, however it's getting too cliched.

I'd like to try the flames, if their no good, then I'll scrape it off and paint over it :)

blubaja
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
What about same colour ghosted flames? Most people won't notice and have a fit over them...if you're lucky. But...flames on an Enzo....the body lines just will not accept them. It is too funky shaped to have flames lay on it.

wouter1981
09-28-2007, 01:10 AM
I wouldn't use flames also for an enzo.. rather a 2 colour scheme. (has been done here on AMF). But please do the flames. You're flamed enzo will be one off a kind. And if it's indeed hidious, you can repaint it.

theOmni
09-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Yeah, I really do want to try sometihng different. I'll take a detailed log for this one!

Add your comment to this topic!