Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gsr cluster gauges not working

gsr07
09-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey everyone i have a question about my 94 gsr. I pulled down the transmision to change my clutch then put everything back on and now the gauge cluster on my car is not working. The backround light lights up and everything it just doesnt read the rpms/gas/and how hot or cold the car is. Also when i pull the ebrake up it does not display the red light anymore..and the clock doesnt display the time unless i push on the little plastic that flips open. I was told to check the fuses inside and under the hood. I didnt see anything wrong with the fuses. Also i forgot to mention my speed sensor is broken. Well it broke off from the main bolt that holds the speed sensor down to the tranny. Would the speed sensor be causing any of this? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks!

wiseguy01
09-27-2007, 01:24 PM
speed sensor would cause speedo not to work but sounds like your #1 fuse might be bad its under your dash and double check your under-hood fuse block

gsr07
09-27-2007, 10:35 PM
thanks for the reply i will go check to see if thats the problem. if thats not it is there any other possible ideas that could be causing this problems? once again thanks!

wiseguy01
09-28-2007, 12:51 AM
other than that you might have one of the wiring harnesses unplugged that connect the motor to the cab of the car

gsr07
09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
ok i checked the fuses again and they are all good. I guess im gonna check all the plugs and see if they are connected! thanks for the reply

Add your comment to this topic!