Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no start

haroldcalvert
09-26-2007, 06:04 PM
This is a 2001 BMW 523I,I have removed the intake manifold to replace heater hoses, removed radiator and replaced and added new thermostat. Now that it is all back together the car will not start. Help please!!!!!

sidewinder69
09-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Need more information than that.

Does it crank over at all or is it completely dead? Could be a dead battery if it will not crank, or just barely cranks and then nothing.

Did you plug all sensor wires back in? If you disconnected the battery, did you reconnect it?

fkhatib
10-01-2007, 05:16 AM
Hi

I am having the same problem. Have you been able to solve it out ?

Regards.

haroldcalvert
10-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the reply, I charged the battery and connected it back as it should be. The car turns over, but gives no sign of firing.
All the sensors are pluged in, except to the connection on the radiator on the return, we have not been able to find the wires that should be connected to the sensor. The car has been worked on before we got our hands on it and the person was not very deligent about his work.

The car started before we began work on it, the problem we were trying to solve was loss of antifreeze. The pipe going to the heater(which is under the intake)was melted. We replaced the piping(both in and out) found that the radatior also leaked, so we replaced that, the fan cover was beaten up so we replaced that and we replaced the thermostat(just for good measure)

sidewinder69
10-04-2007, 05:16 AM
I know it's stupid to ask but here goes...does it have any fuel in it?

I'm a little concerned about that rad sensor...BMW's are smart and if it cannot detect a sensor it may refuse to start based on that.

Does it come up with any codes on the HUD when you put the key to starting postion, but before you turn it to start it?

haroldcalvert
10-04-2007, 10:54 AM
The fuel rail has pressure, the car turn over, I have not read the obd yet, i will do that today, thanks
I will recheck the sensor hook up.
It has a sensor on the radiator, which there seems to be no wires on the car to attach, it is on the main return.
Thanks for ur time.

haroldcalvert
10-09-2007, 10:39 AM
The wiring on the sensor were connected wrong and the main eng fuse was bad, running fine now, thanks

Add your comment to this topic!