Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pics of intake manifold to head

lvavenger
09-26-2007, 10:30 AM
anyone got pics of the backside of the motor on a 420a?? specifically, where the intake manifold bolts onto the head. i forgot to take pics of it before i gave the head to the shop to get a valve job done. and that was two months ago. :rolleyes: what's worse, is that, i was all into getting the head bolted back onto the block, that i forgot to install the intake manifold back onto the head first.:banghead:

please send pics to btymes2@hotmail.com

thx!!!

growe58
09-28-2007, 03:08 PM
anyone got pics of the backside of the motor on a 420a?? specifically, where the intake manifold bolts onto the head. i forgot to take pics of it before i gave the head to the shop to get a valve job done. and that was two months ago. :rolleyes: what's worse, is that, i was all into getting the head bolted back onto the block, that i forgot to install the intake manifold back onto the head first.:banghead:

thx!!!

Hi!

I'm not trying to be rude here honestly, but I'm having trouble understanding what the problem is. There really isn't that many ways to mount an intake manifold - either the runners line up with the openings in the head or they don't. There is an engine lift bracket that needs to be bolted to the top right and there are 2 braces that need to be bolted underneath, but they should be fairly self evident. The cruise vacuum canister also gets mounted underneath, but that's not all that critical. Oh and the intake manifold splits in half, which may make mounting in the car easier.

Unfortuneatly I've sold my Avenger so I can't get you pictures. I'm also going purely from memory so I could be WAY off base. Hopefully this is of some help.

Good luck!

lvavenger
09-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi!

I'm not trying to be rude here honestly, but I'm having trouble understanding what the problem is. There really isn't that many ways to mount an intake manifold - either the runners line up with the openings in the head or they don't. There is an engine lift bracket that needs to be bolted to the top right and there are 2 braces that need to be bolted underneath, but they should be fairly self evident. The cruise vacuum canister also gets mounted underneath, but that's not all that critical. Oh and the intake manifold splits in half, which may make mounting in the car easier.

Unfortuneatly I've sold my Avenger so I can't get you pictures. I'm also going purely from memory so I could be WAY off base. Hopefully this is of some help.

Good luck!

actually, i appreciate all the advice you've given me.

there's that one black bracket, that i believe goes on the lower left of the intake manifold, i just can't remember what it's orientation is. and i also have the infamous "one extra bolt" situation. and which hole does that bolt with threads on both ends, bolt into?? you have to remember, i don't have the engine hoisted out of the engine bay, so i'm doing this almost blind.

if you want, i can email you some pics of my situation. i bought a head with intake manifold assembly off some guy for $125. i only needed the cams, but i used his head on my block. got the head worked on before i installed it first though.

thx!!!

95_dodge_avenger
10-04-2007, 10:17 AM
the to bolts thats welded to the head should help with the line up, my email is dodge_avenger@hotmail, i replaced my head gasket at 2am, i can get u pics if u like, i have a 420a 2.0 in mine

Add your comment to this topic!