Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Programming FOB

hondagal27
09-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Hello!
I am considering buying a remote keyless entry FOB on EBAY for my 2000 Accord EX...the guy selling it says that it can be programmed at the dealership (which my husband says will be expensive)...or that I can track down directions on how to program it on this website forum. I'd really appreciate any advice. Can't afford the dealership. Thanks so much.
Karen

wiseguy01
09-25-2007, 09:55 PM
id say if you plan on buying it the seller should go to the website and supply the directions that way you dont have to incur any charges or fees because it can be expensive

Onblsht
09-30-2007, 12:43 AM
Do steps 1 - 12 on the same remote (AT TIME OF PROGRAMMING BOTH REMOTES MUST BE PRESENT SINCE THEY WILL NOW BOTH HAVE TO BE REPROGRAMMED.) The following steps 1-12 are done on a single remote step 10 is done on all remotes to be programmed up to 4 can be programmed

1) get into the car shut the doors (including trunk or tailgate) and make sure they are unlocked
2) turn on the ignition (do not turn on the engine just the ignition til the dash lights come on) (LISTEN FOR A QUIET CLICK)
3) press the lock button on remote (turn to off) (Do not remove key)
4) turn on the ignition (do not turn on the car just the ignition) (LISTEN FOR A QUIET CLICK)
5) press the lock button on remote (turn to off )
6) turn on the ignition (do not turn on the car just the ignition) (LISTEN FOR A QUIET CLICK)
7) press the lock button on remote (turn to off )
8) turn on the ignition (do not turn on the car just the ignition) (LISTEN FOR A QUIET CLICK)
9) press the lock button on the remote
the locks should cycle to indicate that programming mode was entered successfully
10) press the LOCK button on each remote you want programmed and the door locks should cycle again to confirm programming. THIS STEP NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR EACH REMOTE
11) turn off the car fully and remove key.
12) try locking/unlocking with remote to test

to turn on/off the chirping when locking/unlocking with remote do the following

press the trunk release button on the remote and hold it then while holding press the LOCK button on remote and hold it the led on the remote will flicker for about 1sec after it goes off release both buttons and test it the procedure for chirp on and chirp off is the same, this needs to be done on both remotes otherwise only the one programmed will allow chirping while the other will still be silent or vise versa

Add your comment to this topic!