Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2007 G6-AC Condenser

aher27
09-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I recently noticed that my AC wasn't cooling when I took my lunch break. It was working fine earlier that morning. I then took it to a Pontiac Parts/Repair shop and was told that the AC condenser was damaged due to road debris, the cost for repair was $700+. I asked if this was covered under warranty. The guy just told me that the warranty doesn't cover anything that is damaged by road debris. What can I do? :banghead:

grfnkl
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I recently noticed that my AC wasn't cooling when I took my lunch break. It was working fine earlier that morning. I then took it to a Pontiac Parts/Repair shop and was told that the AC condenser was damaged due to road debris, the cost for repair was $700+. I asked if this was covered under warranty. The guy just told me that the warranty doesn't cover anything that is damaged by road debris. What can I do? :banghead:

Well a few things you could do, is try another dealership and see what they say to make sure your not getting the run around and being taken advantage of. You could call Pontiac "cares" customer support line and see if they can help out for you as well and see if they can come to a solution. Your last option would be to call your insurance company. You never know they maybe able to help out. Unfortunetly the tech is right about that not really being covered due to damage. Only if the a/c condensor sprung a leak let's say on the side then it may have been covered. It would be the same as a headlight getting cracked due to a stone... warranty wouldn't cover that. The goal is to find the loop hole. Good luck with all of this.

aher27
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your input on this. I'll try that.

Add your comment to this topic!