Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine & Power

emnm
11-25-2002, 11:31 PM
Ok here is my problem ... ???

I want to have the body of a 300zx and the Power Plant of a Skyline ... ???

I am Curently in the process of buying an RB26DETT ... it is the full engine ... untill recently i was too cought up with getting a good engine and not all the parts that are needed ... !!!

Now I found the Engine it will cost me
$ 3,800 US
(Near mint condition)
(Not a single oil leak and so on ... )
(Includes the Transmission)

Ok ... I have a 1992 300zx ... If i was to rip out the VG30DE and have a RB26DETT installed would i need to use the computer of a Skyline or use the 300zx one ...

<THINKING>
RB26DETT = SKYLINE
... so ...

SKYLINE ENGINE = SKYLINE COMPUTER
... so ...

SKYLINE ... Digital Display ...
300ZX ... Not Digital Display ... ???
... so ...

<CONFUSED>

... what do i do ...

As well as ... would i be able to get the AWD power of the Skyline in the 300Z ... ???

i know i know mst of you are thinking ... if you want that then just go get a Skyline ... ... not that i would mind .... but when i go to the car next car show ... i want me a specific TROPHY ... !!!

And by the way ...

[SKYLINE = $ 95,000 [HERE]]

300ZX = $ 3,000 to 8,000
RB26DETT = $ 3,500

[Hybrid 300ZX = $ 6,500 to 11,500 ]

Owning One of either........................ = Priceless ... ... !!!

... I greatly appreciate the help ... i just want to be able to take on any one around my neghbour hood ... and get it all without sponsorships ... so i can claim it to be my pride and glory ... Thanx in advance for all the help ...

SpeedFreakTom
11-27-2002, 11:25 AM
First off that sounds like a really cool idea!! Sorry tho, but I don't know how to help you. Ask this same question at www.Zdriver.com I can gaurantee that someone there can help you at least a little bit. Good luck and let me know how it goes. Your car could definately be featured at my site when you finish it!! stop by
www.geocities.com/speedfreaktom

DemonZX
12-09-2002, 09:30 AM
I have looked into this also. There deffenatly would ba a lot of fab work. driveshaft, electronics, motor mounts, fuel pumps....To answer your awd question...I have no idea....that would kick ass though! Yes you would have to use the Skyline's cpu...does it come with the engine? If not locate one for that engines specific year.

Good luck buddy

Add your comment to this topic!