Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where do I start?

Tribez
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Ok I was just givin a 1965 Beetle Sedan with a brand new transmission and a 2016cc Porsche engine. So mechaniclly I dont have to do anything BUT its completely stripped and primered. So I figured naturelly that a paint job is first of which im going with Maaco and an electric Blue. But interior wise its got nothing I have both stock seats and the back seat. A new carpet and headliner seat belts ect Im not sure if I have panels ( been sifting threw parts ). Should I make it 12v now since its completely stripped? Right now I dont think any electrical is hooked up besides the starter lights and turn signals dont register. The 6v it has always needs to be jumped. So im just looking for ideas Im doing all the work myself and looking to spend no more then 1000$ total on restoration including ( hopefully ) Paint new tires and rims ( the rims and tires are fun except its been sitting so the brand new cracked tires.. ) New seat covers / dash and I wanted to put a sound system in it not expensive but atleast be able to play music. Thanks.

Rothart
09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
If you're going to put a "sound system" of any kind, you're going to want to upgrade to a 12v system. Let's see some pictures man!

Add your comment to this topic!