Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

maxima missing under normal accecleration

jeff333
09-23-2007, 09:44 AM
has any one come across this problem . i have an 1996 maxima 5 sp manual. under normal acceleration , it feels like it is missfiring , but when you drive it with your foot flat to the floor , no problems!!. i can drive up a hill under half throttle and it will miss but as soon as i push the pedal all the way down , the miss goes. i have put new fuel filters , new plugs and coils , cleaned injectors , changed fuel pump , change fuel pressure regulator . the ECU shows code 55 (system pass).
help anyone as this is costing a mint !!

Indy Tech
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
has any one come across this problem . i have an 1996 maxima 5 sp manual. under normal acceleration , it feels like it is missfiring , but when you drive it with your foot flat to the floor , no problems!!. i can drive up a hill under half throttle and it will miss but as soon as i push the pedal all the way down , the miss goes. i have put new fuel filters , new plugs and coils , cleaned injectors , changed fuel pump , change fuel pressure regulator . the ECU shows code 55 (system pass).
help anyone as this is costing a mint !!

Is you check engine light on, for a better repair and correct diagnoses of your car you will have to have it Diagnoses with a scanner to find out what your problem could be, a variety of things like your TPS, Map sensor .
So you don't wast money throwing parts at your car until its repaired, take it to a respected shop for just the diagnostics then let us know what codes your car has then we can help you out better .your date will have to be read as some sensor problem will not always set a code
Indy.

FixUrNissan
09-23-2007, 08:23 PM
a 1995-99 Maxima has any of the following incidents:
· MIL ‘on’,
· Engine no start, or
· A/C inop, A/C idle up inop, rough idle, oil pressure light inop;

The cause may be wire breakage in the engine control harness where it bends over the right rear of the engine next to the right strut tower. See the symptom charts in this bulletin for possible diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) or specific symptoms which can cause one or more of these incidents.

This a tip from the Nissan Assit.

BeZerK2112
09-26-2007, 12:05 PM
What plugs did you put in? Irridum or Doubble platnium are required for these cars. Cheap ones often dont do the trick.

I can also recommend resetting your ECU. The car will have to reprogram itself with your driving habbits. This may fix the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!