Page updated on 09-26-2017

car died on highway

eclipse_line007
09-22-2007, 08:48 PM
a buddy of mine owns a 94 integra. he said one day his car wont start, so he took it to a shop. the techs said that the spark plug wires were shooting low, and that he needed bigger ones. they said that as long s he keeps rpm low, it will be fine. well, he took the highway to work and turns out it died. now the car wont start. any ideas?

gsr07
09-30-2007, 12:22 AM
i have the same problem with my 94 gsr also.. today i was on the street and it just died out... i had a friend of mine look at it which hes a mechanic and he said its the cap and rotor.. im about to go replace mine tomorrow its only around 7 bucks he said... they burn out after a while...

wiseguy01
09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
a buddy of mine owns a 94 integra. he said one day his car wont start, so he took it to a shop. the techs said that the spark plug wires were shooting low, and that he needed bigger ones. they said that as long s he keeps rpm low, it will be fine. well, he took the highway to work and turns out it died. now the car wont start. any ideas?

dont be fooled theres a lot more devices that can fail besides the cap and rotor.. theres the icm which will cause the car to have no spark at all which in some cases people have gone after the cps which can also cause the car to have no spark either so ask ur friend to get a piece of wire and short out the 2p connector located in the passenger floorboard kickpanel right side theres a blue 2p connector short it and the CEL will blink of course the car has to be on or in the on position and count the blinks one long and seven short indicates trouble code 17 good luck

also spark plug wires fire no matter what so they are just trying to sell u better wires because u have acura also if they say that the wires arent firing enough shouldnt u be looking at the coil and not the wires makes no sense huh :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!