Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

76 corvette no turn signals

fastford172
09-21-2007, 04:00 PM
I am having problems figuring this one out.you can turn the ign switch to on and no turn signals but if you leave it on for about a minute sometimes the flasher will flash one time,some times it does nothing.and I am only getting power to one wire on the steering colum harness when the switch is on,I did take a piece of wire and connect it to the fuse box and then with the switch on started sticking it in where the colum harness connects together and when I touched the purple wire I think, everything started working as normal without my jumper wire being connected,so i turned the switch back off and turned it back on a few more times and every thing was fine I then started the car let it run a few minutes and they are still working so then I shut the car off and now no turn signals again,I also checked all the fuses with a test light all are good and replaced the flasher.a friend of mine said it could be a relay? if thats true where would it be located and also the horn does not work unless I use a jumper wire,and no emergency flashers either.thanks

Add your comment to this topic!