How to use Gumout Fuel System Cleaner 2 step kit - CORRECTLY?

noweighjose
09-21-2007, 03:59 PM
long story short - i took my girlfriends car for a free oil change and they recommend Gumouts Fuel System Cleaner. I agree and about an hour later nothing was done or started for that matter. so some words were exchanged and i ended leaving. as i got home i noticed the Gumout kit on the passenger side floor! obviously i want to use it but im not 100% certain how to use it and use it correctly. im not completely retarded when it comes to working on cars (and for the record i only took the car to get the oil change because it was free and it wasnt my car! :evillol: lol)

anyways, the kit comes with 2 bottles - a Liquid Intake Cleaner (step 1) and a Fuel System Cleaner (step 2). i read everything from the box to both bottles and it doesnt say how to use it. my guess is the fuel system cleaner goes in the gas tank - obviously. but the liquid intake cleaner (step 1) doesnt say anything besides "Follow instructions listed for the G991 Applicator." what is that; how do i use it; where do i add it; does the engine have to be running; does the engine need to be off but warm; how long do i wait after adding the liquid intake before i can add the fuel system cleaner; etc etc etc.

thanks in advance for any help!!!

faliss23
03-08-2008, 10:40 AM
ok first of all where did you go to for this

because the 2 step fuel system cleaner is a product that needs a that applaictor which is not sold on the open market and the kit on the sit was prolly put there on acciddent

J-Ri
03-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Where ever it was, it was 5 months ago...

Add your comment to this topic!