Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/C dies, speedometer dies, and CHECK ENGINE light comes on all at once- '02 Protege

Chris '99zr2
09-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I seriously think it's a coincidence that all this happened in one trip... but you never know...
My wife pulls into the drive way and informs me that all three of these things happened on her way into town. First the a/c stops blowing cold air, then a little while later the speedo quits and the CHECK ENGINE light comes on right after that. Has anybody else had trouble with these items on an '02 Protege either individualy or at the same time as in this case?runaround
Thanks in advance for any info!!! CHRIS

Chris '99zr2
09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Had some time now to investigate these problems... the a/c quit because of a bad fuse, and the speedo sending unit malfunctioned which- according to a mechanic friend of mine... caused the check engine light to activate since it sends signals to somewhere in the system. A new unit will run around $60 or $70 from the Mazda dealer. Can't get this thing at NAPA!
Just figured I'd pass this along incase somebody else runs into a similar situation.
Chris

Flash75
09-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Chris, Thanks for telling you found the solution to your problem, perhaps that information will help someone else in the future.

Clifton

Add your comment to this topic!