Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Small budget, but let me know.

bingkewl
09-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I just bought this car so $$ is not abundant. the speakers the 2002 mustange came with suck, and tunes make the ride IMHO. i like to pump the bass, so i've decided to get a:

Bazooka BT1024DVC

as for an amp, i don't care much as long as it pushes enough watts. so i'm getting the:

PB448 Reno Series - 800 Watt 4 Channel

now, this is what i'm worried about. my front and back speakers. these is what i've got set up, let me know if this is just shit and i need 2 go with something else. according to the "newbe welcome" thread, ive picked "good" brands.

front:
Crunch GTS52CX 250 Watt

back:
Lanzar VX572 5" x 7"/6" x 8" Two-Way Coaxial

howz this system gonna do for me?

sickcallawayc12
09-19-2007, 08:10 PM
One, how much money do you have left and two Bazooka is terrible.

bingkewl
09-19-2007, 08:19 PM
em...lets say $300...

what? Bazooka is terrible? wow, i really don't know wth i'm doing! ;-P

PaulD
09-20-2007, 07:01 PM
bazooka was very popular ... in the late 80's. There is a lot bettewr out there thses days

pimprolla112
09-22-2007, 12:02 AM
bazooka was very popular ... in the late 80's. There is a lot bettewr out there thses days

Thye must still be using the same technology from the 80's.

For 300 you can get a set of better speakers, a 10" sub and prefab enclosure and an amp. Use ebay and for amps look at profile, cheap yet effective. ANd if you want to amp the speakers you can get a 4 channel amp and use two for the front and the bridge the other 2 for the sub. Look at infinty, alpine, and you cen get RE-RE subs for about 60-80 on ebay for some bump that sounds great. If you are un easy with ebay ive had great luck with sonicelectronix.com, and they have great prices and alot of options.

bingkewl
09-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Thye must still be using the same technology from the 80's.

For 300 you can get a set of better speakers, a 10" sub and prefab enclosure and an amp. Use ebay and for amps look at profile, cheap yet effective. ANd if you want to amp the speakers you can get a 4 channel amp and use two for the front and the bridge the other 2 for the sub. Look at infinty, alpine, and you cen get RE-RE subs for about 60-80 on ebay for some bump that sounds great. If you are un easy with ebay ive had great luck with sonicelectronix.com, and they have great prices and alot of options.

alright, well i set myself up with 2 12" rockford subs (p1s814) and i'm getting alpine speakers for front and rear...great thing is, it looks like i'll b in my budjet range. i got both subs for $100 and i've purchased off ebay two pairs of alpines for an avg total of $120, so what's left is the amp, some wire, and the material to build the box. thanks guys, this forum has helped alot. (specialy the newbe forum)

alphalanos
09-25-2007, 08:20 AM
You could have done without the rear speakers and gotten a set of components for the front, but then you would need an amp, which means more $.

bingkewl
09-25-2007, 05:01 PM
You could have done without the rear speakers and gotten a set of components for the front, but then you would need an amp, which means more $.

why would i drop the rear speakers? i know i got 2 subs now, but that's for bass, not treb.

pre98zetec
09-25-2007, 05:08 PM
rear speakers do nothing but mess up the soundstage if you ask me, a single set of components in the front doors amped make it sound MUCH better

PaulD
09-25-2007, 06:00 PM
it takes a little getting used to being in a car with no rear speakers .... but you will learn to like it a LOT more in the long run, and you will have a less complicated system.

bingkewl
09-25-2007, 08:05 PM
oh really? well it's not to late for me to turn around...so just 1 good pair of speakers for the front? i'll believe u guys. ty ty

pre98zetec
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
not just 'good speakers' .. get an actual component set, those consits of a seperate midbass/tweeter, along with a crossover.. Make sure you get a decent 50-100w rms amp to power them, they will sound like crap off a headunit

bingkewl
09-27-2007, 09:13 AM
not just 'good speakers' .. get an actual component set, those consits of a seperate midbass/tweeter, along with a crossover.. Make sure you get a decent 50-100w rms amp to power them, they will sound like crap off a headunit

so the apline sps-57C2 wouldn't cut it but the alpine SPR-57LS would.

alright, well i'll certently look into that. ty again!

Add your comment to this topic!