Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

pwrplay14
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
This is my first post on here so bear with me a bit. I gave my son my wifes Cavalier (she got a new Envoy) and we are going to be doing a lot of work to it to make it more of a teenagers car then a soccer moms car.

We had the factory radio removed and replaced with a Pioneer Radio(bestbuy did that).

We replaced the front Speakers with no problem. Nowthe funny part. We went to replace the rear Speakers with Pioneer 5-Way Speakers. All the wiring diagrams I have seen listed 2 Speaker wires to each speaker, a positive and a negative but when I went to take the factory speakers out there was 4 diffrent wires to each speaker. There were 2 wires connected to each side of the factory speaker. So I just used the 2 wires that are in the wiring diagrams that I have seen and connected them to the Pioneer Speakers. They work but I have absolutely no highs comming out of them. I have these same Speakers in my Ram and they have plenty of highs. I just connected the other 2 wires to the pos and neg and I got static, so what gives???

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks,
Brian

yhandor
09-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Try reversing the 2 wires, sounds kinda like you mixed them up.....all I could think of. I have 4 way Pioneer 6X9's in the back and they work fine, although their decks are garbage....my SUV had one and it randomly shut off and came back on, and now in my Cavalier I just bought this Pioneer 3800MP deck in November and about 12 times a day it shuts on and off, sometimes repedatly for 5 mins, on and off....I checked the wires on the bakc, nothign loose, and its not because its trying to draw too much power, it does it at any volume......I cant figure it out, so in my opinion, Pioneer decks are garbage and since I gotta get a new one because this one is screwed, I think I may go with Alpine, or Sony.

1991tercel
09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
do you have a factory amp?

yhandor
09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Who are you asking?

1991tercel
09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
the person havin problems sorry about that

JStumpalump150
09-20-2007, 06:10 PM
i have a pioneer head unit and its awesome, you must just have bad wiring or something.

yhandor
09-21-2007, 01:50 AM
Nope. I checked the connections, all is good.....both Pioneer decks I have had have done this......beginning to lose my faith in them, I loved Pioneer, but after this, I just don't think the same about them....

Add your comment to this topic!