Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999, or 2001 Town and Country?

voigt
09-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I am considering purchasing a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country LXI. I currently own a 91 Dodge Grand caravan and my parents have a 2001 Town and country limited. I don't know much about this model what to look for etc. Its a silver blue van with 125000 miles on it. new tires everything in excellent condition except for rust starting at the wheel well. I will get that fixed for free. They are asking 3,500.00 for it. This is a friend of my dad who is selling it at a "special price" for me. Is it worth it? Thanks for your help.

I also have the option of buying my dads 2001 Limited with same miles for 8,000.00.

So my question is: Is there any reason to spent more than twice as much on a van two years newer? Or should I look at a totally different van?

Ray paulsen
09-19-2007, 04:04 PM
All your buying is a hunk of metal, I would test drive both vehicles for some distance and I am sure you will favor one over the other, if they both feel about the same to you, and they are about the same mileage, buy the cheaper one, and take a holiday , lol

Add your comment to this topic!