Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Pontiac Sunfire won't start

mrsjplk
09-18-2007, 09:04 PM
about a month ago, my daughter's car wouldn't start. My dad, who is a large machinery mechanic, towed the car to his shop & said that he couldn't hear the fuel pump. My brother took off the gas tank & dipped the pump into a bucket of gas & it began working. My dad switched out the relay, so we know it's not that. It happened again once when my daughter had it but her friend got it started right away. We used it this past Sunday with no problems. I went out to start it tonight & it won't start again. I called autozone and they can hook it up to a computer, but I can't get it in there. I am broke (both kids in college) I've also been told that it could be the computer.... ? The stereo/cd player is now locked as well. Could it be related? Please help - dad is very sick & I can't rely on him to work on it. I will put in a new fuel pump, but I'm afraid that's not the problem....

taillight
09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Before replacing parts, test. Test the fuel pressure with a guage. You can rent one from an auto parts store if your dad does not have one.

Add your comment to this topic!