Page updated on 11-22-2017

99 S-10 hops as I brake.

Kyboy13
09-18-2007, 05:25 PM
I have a 99 vortec 2.2 S-10. I am just curious if anyone has had the same problem as I am experiencing.

I will be driving and there is a vibration really noticeable around the 30-50 mph range. My tires have been balanced numerous times and I have asked for the techs to check the tires over real well. They find nothing. It is really noticeable, actually annoying and violent enough to make my truck almost hop in the rear end. When I creep up to a stop light the truck acts like it is walking swaying almost in a up and down motion.

Does this have anything to do with my drivetrain? HELP!!!

I also have something that will sound weird but after my truck has been sitting usually for more than a couple hours, I will start off and hit the gas, coming from my dash sounds like water is spilling into my dash. I don't know what this is?

MT-2500
09-19-2007, 09:41 AM
On the rear braking hop.
Check rear drums/rotors.

When slowing down apply the emg brake a little and see it that stirs up the hop.
If so it is a good indication of rear drum out of round or bad.
MT

jhouser
10-18-2007, 04:45 PM
On the water, it is probably a plugged drain on your air conditioner pan. Sometimes they plug up with bacteria . . .

drifttruck99
12-16-2007, 09:26 PM
-i assume the hoppin is only in the back of the truck? if it is have your drums machined or replaced, i've had a few trucks do that to me. as for the vibration check your universal joints. front one starts vibrating at 30 and the rear one usually at 70. however the cups on my rear joint was missing the clips that keep it from spreading apart and was causing it to start around 30 and get worse the faster i went. hope this helps

Add your comment to this topic!