Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Z4, 350Z, or Porsche Boxter?

lowridder11
11-24-2002, 05:18 PM
I am gettin a new car and which one of these is better:smoker2::flamer:

ChronicSystems.com
11-30-2002, 11:28 AM
Depends what you do with it. I like the Porsche for Prestige, classic lines, and awesome handling. The Nissan will be a great tuners car, you can modify that thing and it won't cost you much to do it. Z4 is cool to look at, but I hate the rear end. Its way too short.

rome5982
12-02-2002, 11:47 PM
I like Porsche better, but not to thrilled about the Boxster. The 350Z is just plain bad ass if you ask me. And the price savings between the 350Z and the Boxster will give you a lot of money to do aftermarket upgrades. The Z4 is cool, but falls short on styling when compared to the other two.

kaoru-tochiro
03-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by lowridder11

Traitor!:cool: get the Z4!

lowridder11
03-31-2003, 07:19 PM
i have narrowed it down to a used boxster s or a new Z4 3L

kaoru-tochiro
04-01-2003, 08:06 AM
A used Boxter?:bloated: but its used! get the Z4! its new and hot and handles better than an M3.

lowridder11
04-01-2003, 02:20 PM
w/e. I like the Boxster, i am weird like that. But most likeley gonna get the Z4 unless i get a amazing deal on a boxster.

farbod
04-05-2003, 11:29 AM
that is one nice bmw

lowridder11
04-05-2003, 08:07 PM
yup, especially a 3.0L 6spd MT, all packages, heated seats, in bimmer blue, and wit a tan top.:D

farbod
04-06-2003, 03:29 AM
wicked

lowridder11
04-06-2003, 07:42 PM
ya, and that car i amazingly fast too.

farbod
04-07-2003, 04:45 AM
exactly how fast is it

lowridder11
04-07-2003, 10:44 AM
top speed 165mph, 0-60 in 5.6sec

farbod
04-07-2003, 10:48 AM
wow that is quit fast for a 4 door

farbod
04-07-2003, 10:55 AM
wow thats one nice car

lowridder11
04-07-2003, 06:09 PM
the only thing is with the boxster, it's not a real sports car. U don't get the same adrenalin rush as when u floor it out of a Mobil station on the highway and keep accelerating antil u reach 120mph

Ace$nyper
04-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Yea the boxster is not the same i raced a non S boxster and spanked him in my hatch. and mines not all done i'm just starting it i just drive well but no matter how good i drive a Z4 would kill me it's a great car i've driven a z3 and that was nice too everything i've read says the 4 is better

lowridder11
04-07-2003, 08:39 PM
ya, the Z4 is more sporty and faster and a all around better car

lowridder11
04-08-2003, 07:01 AM
i testdrove the boxster and the boxster s and the Z4 2.5L. I want the 3.0L and can imagine that it would only be better

farbod
04-08-2003, 09:37 AM
sorry to say it but thier right tha z4 kicks ass
it is such a cool car they dont come much better than that

http://www.racing.com/bmw-z4-0729.jpg

kaoru-tochiro
04-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Its just that the Z4 and the Boxter are such different cars, for completely different people. The person that likes classic sports cars would probably get the Porsche, but a ...lets say proffessional designer or someone that likes modern art and is not into car culture, would probably get the Z4.

farbod
04-09-2003, 12:38 PM
thats very true you cant realy say wich is better

lowridder11
04-09-2003, 01:11 PM
well u got me their but i still am confused. I don't see clasic in the boxster

kaoru-tochiro
04-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Between the Boxster, the Z4 and the 350Z, which apears to be more reminiscent of its ancestors?

farbod
04-09-2003, 01:35 PM
well i still like the z4 and no one can change my mind

lowridder11
04-10-2003, 03:39 PM
i like the Z4 also, and the 350Z isn't even a consideration anymore. Another car that i might take a look at is a used NSX

sprokett
02-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Of the three, the Boxster is the best car if you go for the 3.2...although the Z4 is fresh and seems to be in fashion right now, I think it suits girls a bit more. The 350Z is growing on me but as a brand 'Nissan' doesn't carries zero prestige. I was faced with this decision some time ago and I went for the Boxster S. Also worth thinking about if you’re in the market for a roadster is TVR’s ‘baby’ roadster, the Tamora. It’s got 350bhm and 290 lb/ft of torque and it only weights 1060 kg. This would eat the Boxter S. It’s an amazing car with a really cool interior but unfortunately for me its made in England and in the country I stay we have no dealership. That means I have no after sales support. And even though the Boxster and TVR are the same price, no prices for which has the better build quality. I think TVR is trying to enter the American market soon in force along with Lotus (making another excellent little roadster the Elise).

So spoiled for choice really but for me it comes down to the boxster S…with some extras…can someone explain to me why I can’t post attachments? I have some pictures of the cars in our garage and I wanna big up a little bit but I can’t.

mrsmith1976
11-26-2004, 09:14 PM
I personally prefer the prestige and the looks of the new boxster, but if I had to choose between a used boxter, a 350z or az4, i would choose the 350z, I think the z4 looks awful.

Porsche_Daddy
12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Lowride, they just did a Z4 vs. Box s vs. 350z vs. TT comparo in Moter Trend a few mo back. Guess who won? The Boxy S. I think you should check it out.

Gordie Howe
12-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Hey guys I am looking at buying a boxter and I am debating about a 1998 with 36 kM and a 2001 with 68KM. What do you think. Cars both are in good shape?

Porsche_Daddy
12-19-2004, 11:34 PM
First off call it a boxster, not boxter, so you don't sound like an idiot. The 2001 model, while having more mileage is the way to go because it has the more powerful 2.7L flat 6 engine and the 98 model has a 2.5L engine. Also, porsche refined the boxster in those few years in other areas as well making the more recent cars much better buys. If you really want to have fun the box S has a 3.2L engine and several other upgrades(brakes, shifter, wheels etc etc)

Gordie Howe
12-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks Porsche Daddy... I will work on my spelling

Porsche_Daddy
12-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Hey, forget about it. Half the newbs spell boxster w/o the S. Anywho, have you made a decision yet? What are the colors? Options?

SLK350
08-03-2005, 11:31 PM

all are average if compare to the SLK350 2005....

If you drive one you will pity the rest...

Quicker than all the above and obviously better manufactured...

the technological advancements on this car are about 5 years ahead of the others

Cinque
08-04-2005, 01:07 AM
I can't believe you actually believe what you say SLK350!! I mean I've driven the SLK350 and let me tell you that it doesn't compare to the driving dynamics of Porsche. The only extra you have in your car that I don't have in mine is a lipstick compartment. Seriously you don't really believe that your car competes with a Porsche - Do you?

Porsche_Daddy
08-06-2005, 09:01 PM
The standard 05 SLK doesn't hold a candle to the 05 S in the turns or at a drag strip. It is a fine car but it can't match the Porsche according to all the road tests I've read. The AMG SLK on the other hand is a beast in a straight line.....no manual doesn't appeal to me though.

SLK350
08-07-2005, 08:22 PM
I can't believe you actually believe what you say SLK350!! I mean I've driven the SLK350 and let me tell you that it doesn't compare to the driving dynamics of Porsche. The only extra you have in your car that I don't have in mine is a lipstick compartment. Seriously you don't really believe that your car competes with a Porsche - Do you?

Your 04 boxster s has features that my integra could match....

The lipstick compartment is filled with your mums lipstick... might i add to tell her to stop changing colour everyday, as i'm experiencing a rainbow effect on my pink cigar.... it's getting quite disturbing..

it does compete and better i may add, but i won't compare it...

two different levels of class...

One's a race car, the other a masterpiece... you work-out which one is which...

SLK350
08-07-2005, 08:25 PM
The standard 05 SLK doesn't hold a candle to the 05 S in the turns or at a drag strip. It is a fine car but it can't match the Porsche according to all the road tests I've read. The AMG SLK on the other hand is a beast in a straight line.....no manual doesn't appeal to me though.

Manuals are for the ages....

They got rid of typewritters years ago, so i got a computer

Off the mark SLK350 will embarass the boxster s....

it has been done, no need to read about it.... i'm telling you...

Cinque
08-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Have a look at you SLK 350....

Bringing my old lady into it shows a sign of weakness. It suggests that you lost any ability to argue the point that you automobile is superior to the others - so you start on the mothers.

You are a true gentleman quite obviously - and I guess we should make it clear that SLK350 and Cinque actaully know each other. I mean I don't want you to get bared for writing that short of stuff.

I mean I'd feel so guilty and responsible. Not to mention the fact that everytime you're on this website posting one of you uneducated replys - I doin my thang with your old lady!!

Take your pissy / girly Merc home and wait outside everynight to see me drop of mother in a real machine.... Porsche Boxter S. I don't know if this ever occured to you - But did you ever think that just maybe your mother lost interest in your old man becuase he too is driving one of those Mercedes Benz's...? And once she saw me come over in my masculine Porsche - She "Dropped the Zero, and got herself a Hero....

It was just an idea....

SLK350
08-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Have a look at you SLK 350....

Bringing my old lady into it shows a sign of weakness. It suggests that you lost any ability to argue the point that you automobile is superior to the others - so you start on the mothers.

You are a true gentleman quite obviously - and I guess we should make it clear that SLK350 and Cinque actaully know each other. I mean I don't want you to get bared for writing that short of stuff.

I mean I'd feel so guilty and responsible. Not to mention the fact that everytime you're on this website posting one of you uneducated replys - I doin my thang with your old lady!!

Take your pissy / girly Merc home and wait outside everynight to see me drop of mother in a real machine.... Porsche Boxter S. I don't know if this ever occured to you - But did you ever think that just maybe your mother lost interest in your old man becuase he too is driving one of those Mercedes Benz's...? And once she saw me come over in my masculine Porsche - She "Dropped the Zero, and got herself a Hero....

It was just an idea....

I don't know you or any other homosexuals for that matter....

I better go... Your old lady has lost my new baseball bat, i told her its not for sitting on.....

Cinque
08-09-2005, 02:08 AM
I guess we've stopped talking about cars.

I should point out that I've learnt a valuable lesson today.

That is that Homosexual Mercedes SLK350 drivers will label other people gay in order to keep the focus off themselves.

Even the Porsche drivers aren't safe anymore!!

Anyway if you were so concerned about hiding the fact you do in fact take it from behind, then maybe you should have bought yourself a Porsche instead of that Power Puff Mercedes you call a car.

It makes so much sense now. Just so everyone else understands.... He got the brown leather seats. I guess it was to hide all the evidence ah Shiva...?

By the way. My mother hates base ball. I really wish I could say the same about your mother and ice hockey!!

SLK350
08-09-2005, 02:21 AM
I guess we've stopped talking about cars.

I should point out that I've learnt a valuable lesson today.

That is that Homosexual Mercedes SLK350 drivers will label other people gay in order to keep the focus off themselves.

Even the Porsche drivers aren't safe anymore!!

Anyway if you were so concerned about hiding the fact you do in fact take it from behind, then maybe you should have bought yourself a Porsche instead of that Power Puff Mercedes you call a car.

It makes so much sense now. Just so everyone else understands.... He got the brown leather seats. I guess it was to hide all the evidence ah Shiva...?

By the way. My mother hates base ball. I really wish I could say the same about your mother and ice hockey!!

I never said she enjoys baseball just the bat....

I blame myself i just can't give her the satisfaction she requires.....

So it's BATTER UP.........................

Cinque
08-09-2005, 02:30 AM
That was well said.... Except you reffered to how you were in adequate. Let me point out there you never had to draw attention to this at all. Naturally it was assumed you had no penis when you made your choice in motor vehicle.

Oh and I am more than adequate for your mother. Its just that I'm in one hole, and the hockey stick is in the other.... Meanwhile when you get home ask your old lady what the puk actaully taste like.

Add your comment to this topic!