2000 eclipse 3.0 cranks but won't start

carlosgonlez
09-18-2007, 10:45 AM
I like to explain my problem and how I did fix it I do have a 2000 eclipse that was having a misfire on #3 cylinder I decided to change plug and wires
only so I did take the plenum off and changed after that the car won't start anymore it was cranking but no start so I double check evrything so make sure I was not forgeting something evrything was like it was before I did the job so did check injector pulse was fine check spark it seem to be weak
but it was firing so i was lost i try to remember what I did since the begining
and then idea came to my brain.
when I was taking off the plenum there is a small coolant hose on top of distributor when i did take it off few drops of water fell on top of distributor
so i did take off the cap and rotor but that was dry then notice behind the rotor and I sold water on the bottom just few drops after I dry it the car was doing same thing no start I tryto find te sensor but mitsubichi or any autoparts dont sell it separate so I have to buy the whole distributor for $250 put it on and DONE IT WAS THE PROBLEM
so if someone out there has same engine becarefull working around the distributor don't even try to wash the engine or you could be paying 250 dollars for that

Sleepr awd
09-18-2007, 08:16 PM
fair enough... did you try a junkyard for the distributor?

and thanks for the info. i plan on swapping motors out when extensive work is needed to be done.

carlosgonlez
09-18-2007, 10:05 PM
yes but they want $150 dollars and the autoparts give me lifetime warranty
so I guess thats better I can replace it if that happen again(hope not)

lukelg
09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
That sounds a lot like the problem i have now except i dont' remember getting any water near the distributor. I did wash it the other day so maybe it got wet as well! i'll have to check into that. Thanks for the info.

Add your comment to this topic!