wont start

procrstinator
09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
2000 elantra cranks but wont start,,driveing to work and it just shut down with no warning .there was no check engine light no codes with the obd 2 code reader .. the fuel is there ...help

Jalmir
09-17-2007, 11:44 AM
you say you have fuel, you checked and your fuel line is pressurized? (you should have aroud 30-35 psi)

you have sparks?

what you can check is the crankshaft sensor, the MAF, the coil pack, the fuel pump and the ECU.

procrstinator
09-17-2007, 12:57 PM
correct me if im wrong but shouldnt those error codes have shown up on the obd2 reader..???? im going to start with the crankshaft position sensor . thanks

peachferrari
09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Most check engine codes are for exhaust/emissions related items. You probably won't get a code if it's just something electrical.

Jalmir
09-18-2007, 05:05 PM
yeah there will be a code for those sensors (MAF, cranshaft and coil), even a code if the ECU is busted (I remember seeing it in a code list). But there will be no codes if the sensor dies and the car won't start again (my crankshaft sensor died, engine stalled and I never got any codes, the car wouldn't run at all so it never registered in the ECU).

Add your comment to this topic!