Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Windshield Wiper fluid/pump

Rick Mossman
09-17-2007, 11:18 AM
I have a 2001 Subaru Outback. Both my front and back windshied wiper fluid dispenserw don't work. Windshield wipers themselves work fine. No burnt fuses. Plenty of fluid in tank. Any ideas?
Thank you.

Demon_Crest
09-18-2007, 12:28 AM
take the time to take the switch apart and look for broke or loose wires. Also do the same right at the washer pump. I had the same problem and found it to be a disconected wire connection on the pump

flashlight
10-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Also check all of the hoses and make sure that nothing got plugged in them. On one of the connectors there is a spring powered ball that will regulate the flow, and I found that taking that ball out I was able to get washer fluid through.

markdpro
06-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Also check all of the hoses and make sure that nothing got plugged in them. On one of the connectors there is a spring powered ball that will regulate the flow, and I found that taking that ball out I was able to get washer fluid through.

Before you start, make sure you remember that to spray the windshield you push on the end of the wand. Pulling back just cycles the wipers.

SUBARAU mist means the weather not the spary

Add your comment to this topic!