Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

clunking sound when accelerating

spotawalker
09-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I have an '02 RSX (not type S) with auto trans. When I accelerate hard from a stop, I can hear and feel one or two clunks. If I accelerate from a roll or during normal speed to pass, I do not hear this sound. The CV joints/axles were replaced about a year ago for other reasons. The car has about 40,000 miles so I hope it isn't the trans but I can't figure out what else it could be.

wiseguy01
09-17-2007, 01:46 PM
I have an '02 RSX (not type S) with auto trans. When I accelerate hard from a stop, I can hear and feel one or two clunks. If I accelerate from a roll or during normal speed to pass, I do not hear this sound. The CV joints/axles were replaced about a year ago for other reasons. The car has about 40,000 miles so I hope it isn't the trans but I can't figure out what else it could be.

did you think about checking any of the motor mounts there should be any where from three to four and also take of your front tires and take a look and make sure there are no loose bolts or your lugnuts can be loose but check motor mounts though :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!