Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fujimi Enthusiast Countach 5000 QV

Some_Kid
09-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi guy so my countach 5000 QV arrived on Friday. I've made significant progress on the motor but i have sort of halted the build to ask you guys some questions. First of all, I have searched pages upon pages on google as well as AF and i can't find any decent engine pics so i was hoping that someone here happens to have some. All of the countach builds on this forum are either not my model or the pics are X'ed. Also are there any areas/parts that need to be carbon fibored? If so which ones and what weave are they? Does anyone know of any imperfections or errors on this kit that need to corrected for anaccurate model, and is the painting guide correct? Lastly does anyone know of any material that i could use like a thin wire that can be used to wire engines? Can it be found at a hard ware store? I know these are alot of questions but I'm pretty excited about this kit and i hope to make a thread soon with progress as I haven't made a progress thread in a year or two.

Thanks for any advice and suggestions!

freakray
09-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Search on engine wiring, there's plenty of threads including some listed in the How To section.

My favorite wire to use is the 26 GA wrapping wire from Radioshack, you can get it in various colors and it can even be colored with a Sharpie if needed.

drunken monkey
09-16-2007, 07:14 PM
the engine is virtually the same as the regular 500s/5000s with the exception of the placement of the carbs. The engine is in itself, virtually the same as the LP400/s engine so really, all you need to do is look up any countach engine for details. The only difference in the carb placement and hence, induction system on top of the engine.

There are kevlar sections of body work but none that you can see.

The kit is fine, just that you need to check fit carefully before commiting to glue.

Er, how about thin wire?
Handily fujimi has a 0.2mm wire. Hiroboy also has 0.19mm (out of stock) and 0.17mm wire.

Some_Kid
09-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys this really helps alot. Monkey, the induction system is not carbon fiber right? It has a rough texture right? I found this pic, it looks like a QV engine to me but there are so many variations of the countach im not really sure. One thing that caught my I though was that in the pic there is heat sheilding, but the instructions don't even suggest painting the firewall( i assume) silver.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3635/467658rl6.png

zak78
09-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Nope, no CF in the Countach engine bay. You could use Bare Metal Foil for those heat shields. That's what I'd try first.

rsxse240
09-17-2007, 10:47 AM
get the foil from a pack of smokes, it is PERFECT heat shielding material.

Add your comment to this topic!