Page updated on 09-26-2017

chamshaft question

nalgman
09-15-2007, 11:02 PM
hello there..

i want to install a new camshaft to my blazer 4.3L Z .. if i do this.. the computer will throw me a code or something? or what i can do?

thank you..

Nalgman

Chris Stewart
09-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Just a guess here.
If the manifold vacuum, engine temperature, ignition timing, fueling & what the O2 sensors input to the computer are within the parameters of what's been programmed, I don't see how there should be a problem.
A torque improving or towing camshaft might improve fuel milage too.

Is this what you have in mind?

nalgman
09-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Just a guess here.
If the manifold vacuum, engine temperature, ignition timing, fueling & what the O2 sensors input to the computer are within the parameters of what's been programmed, I don't see how there should be a problem.
A torque improving or towing camshaft might improve fuel milage too.

Is this what you have in mind?

well..
my dad had a lot of 350 parts. i have some reading that the 350 is like the 4.3 but without 2 cylinders.
so all these parts where never used before.
so i wonder if can i install some of this equipment. like a camshaft.
im planning to put some headers too for the v6.
when i bought my 90 blazer, the engine was a piece of crap. so i rebuild the engine and bored to 30. just want to know what i can do with.. without changing my TBI. so the only thing that stops me is the ECM..

thank you!! :D

DINO55
09-18-2007, 02:53 AM
well..
my dad had a lot of 350 parts. i have some reading that the 350 is like the 4.3 but without 2 cylinders.
so all these parts where never used before.
so i wonder if can i install some of this equipment. like a camshaft.
im planning to put some headers too for the v6.
when i bought my 90 blazer, the engine was a piece of crap. so i rebuild the engine and bored to 30. just want to know what i can do with.. without changing my TBI. so the only thing that stops me is the ECM..

thank you!! :biggrin:

350 = 8CYL
4.3 = 6CYL

I don't think you can use anything from a 350 engine on your 4.3

Rick Norwood
09-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Sorry Bro, a Camshaft for an 8 cylinder won't fit into a 6 cylinder engine. Replacing a camshaft is can be a good thing if it is done right. If you are willing to invest in a good Cam, new Cam bearings, new lifters and you're willing to pull the motor out of the truck to install everything, you'll probably see a huge difference in your performance. If you skimp, you'll probably regret it.

Add your comment to this topic!