Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

fuel pump fuse

shortie64015
09-15-2007, 11:53 AM
can anyone possibly tell me where I can find the fuel pump fuse on a 1990 Buick Century Custom V6

shortie64015
09-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a 1990 buick century V6 and I need to know which of the 4 relay's is for the fuel pump. My car died on me and will not stay running acting like it's not getting any gas. Someone please help

GM Line Rat
09-17-2007, 11:18 AM
I have a 1990 buick century V6 and I need to know which of the 4 relay's is for the fuel pump. My car died on me and will not stay running acting like it's not getting any gas. Someone please help

Your fuel pump itself might be the problem (Inside the gas tank)....When you turn the key to the ON Postion but DONT Start the car.....Do you hear the fuel pump run in the tank? If you check out the FP Fuse and it's good, and the relay also works......I'd say your fuel pump has died. If you hear the fuel pump run, check for clogged fuel filter and replace it. Hooking up a Fuel pressure gauge to the "Schrader" test valve at the fuel rails, then turning the key to the ON Position will tell you if your actually getting the proper fuel pressure (38-42 lbs of pressure with out the car started).

The fuel pump FUSE is in the fuse box, inside the glove box.

Fuel pump relay

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/MrBBody/CoolingFanRelay.gif

richtazz
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
shortie64015, since you had two threads on the same/similar subject, i merged the two into one to simplify responses by not spreading them over two threads.

Add your comment to this topic!