Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

loud bumping when driving over bumps

hanniep
09-14-2007, 09:14 PM
1994 S10 pickup ZR2 package: Every time I drive over a depressed manhole cover or other depressed bumps in the road the truck makes a loud and noisy clunk, I feel it also!!! like someone is hitting the underside of the truck with a sledge hammer and it clunks twice not once as if somethings loose, it really does it when I turn and hit a bump, but all looks OK upon inspection. any idea what it might be???

Thanks

Phil

old_master
09-14-2007, 09:34 PM
The rearward ends of the torsion bars fit into sockets on the frame crossmember. The crossmember has rubber mounts where it attaches to the frame on each side of the vehicle. The mounts dry out and break loose. That might be something to check. Moog makes a replacement mount that has a lifetime gaurantee.

hanniep
09-15-2007, 12:16 PM
The rearward ends of the torsion bars fit into sockets on the frame crossmember. The crossmember has rubber mounts where it attaches to the frame on each side of the vehicle. The mounts dry out and break loose. That might be something to check. Moog makes a replacement mount that has a lifetime gaurantee.

Thanks I'll look into that ASAP,..it is loud and scary!

Add your comment to this topic!