Page updated on 11-17-2017

Trouble With S10 Motor 2.8

DEBS10
09-14-2007, 08:10 PM
CAN ANYONE HELP? I WAS GOING UP A HILL THE OTHER DAY. MY TRUCK STARTED PINGING LIKE CRAZY. SO I HAVE PUT EVERY SESNOR ON IT THAT IT HAS. PUT NEW FUEL PUMP AN COMPUTER IN IT. IT STILL RUN ROUGH. TOOK IT TO GARAGE TO DAY HAD IT PUT ON THE MACHINE. THEY DIDNT EVEN NO WHAT IT WAS. THEY DID TIME IT. IT WAS OUT OF TIME. BUT THEY DIDNT NO HOW IT GOT OUT OF TIME. BUT THAT DIDNT EVEN HELP EITHER. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS TO HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS. THANKS DEBS10

old_master
09-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Ignition timing being "way out" for no aparent reason, could be due to a timing chain with excessive slack allowing the chain to "jump" a tooth on the crankshaft gear. Have them check timing chain slack and valve timing. Timing chain slack should be no more than 12 degrees.

bigmarty51
09-15-2007, 11:53 AM
the same thing happened to my s-10.

it turned out to be the distributor was damaged due to a cracked motor mount. while i went up a steep hill the engine lifted and hit the fire wall causing the dist. to get damaged..

well thats my story...but i did replace the timming chain first before i discovered this bad engine mount and dist.

gl.

Add your comment to this topic!