Page updated on 09-26-2017

deep water woes

jbelllive
09-14-2007, 02:37 PM
i recently drove my 95 blazer through water that went over the hood , well it made it a block then died, i dumped water out of the air filter box , installed new cap and rotor, it starts and runs but misses on 3 and 4 cylinder, there is no internal engine noises like bent rods or valves, plugs have been pulled and checked. when you press on accelerator about 1/4 way it just bogs down and dies, black smoke , really hard to start up and sounds like its plugged up the vehicle has 155000 miles .could the converter be plugged ? please help

taillight
09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Do a compression test first.

blazes9395
09-14-2007, 06:51 PM
You need to get a scanner on there. You could have damaged your 02 sensor, among other things. Assuming you didn't do any internal damage to the engine, like tailight mentioned, get a good scanner on there and see whats happening with sensors.

ericn1300
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
change the oil. if water got that high to get into the intake you could have an over full crankcase of water and oil.

jbelllive
09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
ok i did do a compression test on one of the cylinders and it was 175 didnt check the other one though, i thought that was pretty good, but yes i agree a scanner would be the way to go to check the sensors thanks, ill let you know what i find out:wink:

jbelllive
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
ok i did remove my cat converter and the vehicle did run until it got warm about 5 mins. then if i tried to rev the engine it just bogged down completely and died, it woul restart but you cant push the throttle 1/4 way before it boggs and dies. i did notice there is a loud whining noise coming from the fuel tank i did replace the fuel pump last year, so am not sure what that is, i heard it might be the little rubber gasket not sealing right. havent had the funds to get it on a scanner yet but will keep you updated.:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!