Page updated on 09-25-2017

95 Blazer Is there a trick to replace the tranny filter?

samahi72
09-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Trying to replace the fluid and filter in my 95 4 wd automatic. I took the bolts out but I can't get the pan to drop. The exhaust cross over is in the way. I took out the tranny crossmember but it still wouldn't drop because of the exhause cross over. I do not want to unloosen the exhaust because my experience is that the exhaust bolt will break in the manifold and I definitely do not want to mess with that. Anybody have any special tricks that they have used? Thanks

silverblazer
09-14-2007, 04:53 PM
I found that it only comes out so far. You can still change the filter with that min space.

blazes9395
09-14-2007, 06:47 PM
With the crossmember off, put a jack under the transfer case(most likley there already) and jack up the transfer case as much as it will go. That will open the space between the exhaust crossover and give you the rrom to pull it out. Its a little tricky, but it will come out.

samahi72
09-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Definitely one of GM's engineering oversights. If you have to pull the crossmember out, jack up the engine just to get enough space to drop the pan what an oversight that was.

Add your comment to this topic!