Everything I need to know about 22's.

Session25
09-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Hey, I'm looking to getting some 22" Platinum Shield (chrome) rims on my 2002 Cadillac Deville. I don't know too much about wheels and tires. So i was wandering if someone could tell me everything important that i need to know about 22" wheels, like what type/size of tire? where to get rims installed? what is "suspension" exactly and is that a key factor in putting 22's on? on a 02 caddy deville, would the wheel fit? or would they have to cut off something on the car so it would fit, if so what would that be? would rubbing be a big factor? how can you prevent alot of rubbing? and i have more questions,but that's the main ones. anymore info would be really appreciated. thanks.

sickcallawayc12
09-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Bigger tires/wheels affects your speed. Speedometer won't be as accurate.

Session25
09-14-2007, 05:47 PM
bump...

JayR04
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
would the wheel fit? or would they have to cut off something on the car so it would fit, if so what would that be? would rubbing be a big factor? how can you prevent alot of rubbing? and i have more questions,but that's the main ones. anymore info would be really appreciated. thanks.
they should fit with a high offset. i would suggest 22x9s with 255/30/22s.

curtis73
10-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Something that many people overlook is the stuff they don't tell you. Suffice it to say that this will be a looks-only modification. Ride quality, handling, acceleration, and stopping will all be negatively affected. Most people want the looks more than they care about the other aspects, but I thought I'd mention it up front so you're not disappointed.

Get a road hazard warranty on both the tires and wheels, too. One good pothole and your investment is toast.

As far as size is concerned you'll have to consult other caddy drivers who have done it. They will be the best source for info. Make sure you get all the pertinent information including which brand of tire and wheel they used because one company's 255/30 tire is not the same exact dimension as another brand's.

I want pictures when you're done :)

Session25
10-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Something that many people overlook is the stuff they don't tell you. Suffice it to say that this will be a looks-only modification. Ride quality, handling, acceleration, and stopping will all be negatively affected. Most people want the looks more than they care about the other aspects, but I thought I'd mention it up front so you're not disappointed.

Get a road hazard warranty on both the tires and wheels, too. One good pothole and your investment is toast.

As far as size is concerned you'll have to consult other caddy drivers who have done it. They will be the best source for info. Make sure you get all the pertinent information including which brand of tire and wheel they used because one company's 255/30 tire is not the same exact dimension as another brand's.

I want pictures when you're done :)

Hey, thanks for the info! I proably won't have the 22's on for awhile, cause I'm going to put in a whole new system in the caddy first, and I have to finish paying off my parents for the car. But hopefully it won't be TOO long.

alphalanos
11-17-2007, 12:32 AM
:uhoh:

Add your comment to this topic!