Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tire recommendation 06 Outback wagon

bmwgolfguy
09-12-2007, 12:15 AM
My wife drives an 06 outback wagon. It has about 15k miles on it. It came new with Bridgestone tires. They are great tires but show a lot of wear right now. I figure I might be able to squeeze another 15k miles out of them before I will have to replace them. The car is not driven hard.

The question is what do you recommend for a good winter tire? I have had Blizzaks on another car and they were great. Because of this I am partial to the Bridgestones.

Any help is appreciated.

ls1369
05-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Get your front and rear alignment checked at a good tire company, not at your dealer. My 06 came with rear misalignment, which dealer never detected until never-rotated rear Bridgestones were ruined, by about 20k miles. Had to buy whole new set (plus full-size spare, fits in modified well). Dealer had guaranteed 4 new tires after 5 oil changes if they did all maintenance, claimed damage was underinflation, charged for alignment, canceled tire offer. Hmm. -- ls1369

jg09
05-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm running 225x60R16 Bridgestone HP550s on my '02 and I'm very happy with them. They're the ones that came with the car when I bought it used, so I'm not sure how many miles they've had one them. They're in great condition, which leads me to believe they're new, though.

Add your comment to this topic!