Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lowered S-10

Sergi
09-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, I have a 95 S-10 standard cab. I tried to lower it by putting 3" blocks in the back, but it didn't make any difference. I've asked around but noone seems to know why it didn't lower it. Also, my leafs are pretty close to the ground. My buddy has a 2000 and he had 3" blocks in there and it lowered it and his leafs weren't anywhere near as close as mine are to the ground. Any possible solutions will be greatly appreciated.

TomB985
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Can't speak for everyone here, but I think we're gonna need pics of your suspension.....

ericn1300
09-11-2007, 07:25 PM
the stock shocks might not have enough travel to compress far enough and are stopping the body from dropping, try jacking it up and taking off the shocks and dropping it without the shocks to see the actual ride height. you can buy shock mount extender kits to use stock shocks on lowered vehicles.

Sergi
09-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks a lot for the tip, this weekend we are going to take it apart and see what we can do. Can I pick up those extenders at like an Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts store? Hopefully we can figure this out. Thanks again, I'll keep the progress posted.

Add your comment to this topic!