Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Another stupid question about 96 rs

newguy2007
09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Just yesterday this started. Everytime i hit my fucking brakes there is a high pitched screech and then i let off and it still screeches for a few seconds. I figured i needed new brake pads and shit but i just put brand new ones on like 4-5 months ago. Shouldd they need changed that soon?

eclipse787
09-08-2007, 10:47 PM
i'm thinking you need to rebuild your master cylinder. When you apply your brakes and then let off the brake pedal, the brakes are still applying pressure to the disk, making them wear out ALOT faster. Try testing your master cylinder.

SilvrEclipse
09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
I doubt its the master cylinder, if that was bad the brakes probably wouldn't work well at all. The MC uses vac pressure to pull the brakes back in so I guess you might could have a problem there.

No they shouldn't need to be changed again. Did you have the rotors turned or put new rotors on? Did you put the brake grease on the backs of the pads?

Thor06
09-09-2007, 12:42 AM
Did you even pop a wheel of and check the pads? Seriously dude, it would have taken you 10 minutes. :rolleyes:

MazdaX
09-09-2007, 04:30 AM
That noise is usually called a brake pad wear indicator meaning it's about that time for new ones. If you put on new ones less than a half a year ago , you are braking way too hard way to much and most likely have cheap-o brakes pads with those conditions = instant wear.

Add your comment to this topic!