Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone else have this happen?

S Brake
11-21-2002, 01:23 PM
When I first found the hobby shop that I now go to, he had about 4 cans of Tamiya paint. I just went in to grab some primer and yellow paint and he says, "see what you cost me!"
I didn't even notice but he got a huge tamiya display for their paints, he said that it costs $1500 to fill, and it should be completely full soon.
Snowie made a difference!

TampaZX2
11-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Both Hobby Shops I frequent have the same display but no matter what their is always the same two colors they don't carry

X-31 (Titanium Silver) & X-32 (Titanium Gold)

They usually have every other color but those two are the only ones I've had problems finding other than online. Go figure, lol.

primera man
11-21-2002, 01:56 PM
More like you told him you were going to send the "Heavys" from AF to sort him out if he didn't get some paint !!!

J/K....Good stuff mate....good to see this guy selling to the demand of the modeller's

Veyron
11-21-2002, 01:57 PM
You can make a difference. Also, anyone who has been in the hobby business for a good while have had plenty of request for TS paints because Tamiya have been putting it in their instructions since it was developed around 1990. As you may know, it was only approved to sell here in the states a couple years ago. I recall myself buying a Tamiya kit when I got back into modeling around then, and asking the hobby store if they could order it for me. Of course they couldn't, but I found a way to buy it from a black market.:D

primera man
11-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Veyron
As you may know, it was only approved to sell here in the states a couple years ago.

Can I ask a silly question....WHY???:confused: :confused:

Veyron
11-21-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by primera man

Can I ask a silly question....WHY???:confused: :confused:

Something to do with EPA regulations, which I think were relaxed pertaining to this type of chemical.:rolleyes:

freakray
11-21-2002, 02:44 PM
Snowie,
Good job!!
I had the same happen with my local hobby shop, not just increasing his range of Tamiya paints tho, also increased his range of Tamiya models, and started stocking things like BMF and sheet styrene.
Basically, everything I go in and ask him about, he will start stocking, best is, he admits he is selling to more people because word is getting around that he stocks the stuff.
Feels good to make a difference don't it:)

Ray

Jedi801
11-21-2002, 03:35 PM
What hobby shop are you talking about?

I go to Douglas models on 33rd south to get my Tamiya spray paint. MRS which is closest to me doesen't carry it.

daggerlee
11-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Hehe. I did get my store owner to stock some Mr. Surfacer 500 and 1000 spray cans. Too bad he's selling them for $9 a can. :confused:

He did just recently start stocking Tamiya Spraypaints though. He told me he got sick and tired of matching TS colors to Model Masters. But, I still can't find X-31 through X-34, luckily I picked up X-31 and X-32 online. I need to tell him someday that Tamiya introduced TS-55 through 60, he only carries up to TS-54.

Add your comment to this topic!